Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I remove the gear knob with out wrecking it? just twist? clock wise?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reading Topic: Gear knob

Hammer, check.
Soft rag, check.
Geese ??

are you sure you know how to remove it?

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

Yes he knows what he's doing... just follow the directions. If you have no Geese though then you're out of luck. The M6's gear knobs require geese to put them on and take them off.

I think AJ herds them, so maybe he can get you a good deal on some.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

lol lol
oh yeah it all clear now.
i'll hav it off in a jiffy.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

:D

Ok, getting back to the subject. I'm sure a quick call to any Mazda dealership's service dept will yield the answer.

·
Registered
657 Posts

Well, I tried this, but you should have mentioned the different geese involved. :(

I stuck the shift up the goose's butt and tried to twist off the shifter, but I think I had a metric goose, and the thing was too loose. Anyone out there have a standard goose I could borrow?

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

You got it all wrong. You need a FEMALE goose, and don't use the butt-hole. Use the other one.

Then move it up and down and up and down until it tightens. THEN you twist. But you have to do it quickly, since the tight grip may only be on for a couple of seconds.

Repeat the up and down sequence if necessary...

See, now I caught this darn bug too... :sarc

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

ah shit!!

i've been through 4 geese already. their necks keep breaking and then everything goes all limp no matter how much up and down attaction. i'm sure ducks can be sub'ed. old mc donalds farm next door should have some, so i'll try that latter.

(p.s. yeah it's removed by twisting anti-clock wise.)

·
Registered
791 Posts

If a broken egg yoke comes out, have I twisted too far?

Edit: nope, I just needed another goose. I'm double-fisting now.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

No, no, no! First, you have to take that soft rag. Crumple it into a ball.

Then, take the hammer and the goose. Feed the goose a lemon cookie. While the goose is eating, place the rag under your arm and squeeze to restrict bloodflow into your arm. When your arm goes numb, remove the rag and replace it with the goose. With your good hand, wrap the soft rag around your head - don't worry, just do the best you can - the more coverage the better, but you don't have to cover it completely. Take the hammer in your hand which should now be at the pins-and-needles stage. Hop from left foot to right foot, back and forth, while chanting "whoop whoop whoop".

I think you can take it from there.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Are you sure you didn't by accident squeeze that soft rag under your chin, causing blood loss in the head?? :)

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

Oh, geez - you are right, Steve. How idiotic of me! I forgot to mention that the soft rag has to be blue!

*whew*

Thanks for bringing that up, Steve.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: Gear knob

Now now altersys watch what you say. I've had a hard day, and I'm up to my elbows in swans, so don't say anything rash. Remember ducks hunt in packs.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Gear knob'

What do you do to get rid of that spent goose smell after removing said knob?

:yield2

1 - 20 of 31 Posts