Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Remember this? We used to do these all the time, but had to stop due to lack of demand. We're going to give it one more shot and see what happens.

This is a fully functional and very stylish shark fin antenna that comes pre-painted to match your car. Hundreds of customers have already purchased this antenna and have been very pleased.

Utilizing fractal antenna technology, VG was able to develop a functional antenna that fits inside the shark fin and retains radio reception within normally acceptable ranges. A fractal antenna is created using fractal geometry (repetition of a simple shape to form a repeating pattern) and has reception that rivals antenna designs 50% to 150% larger in size. Through testing, they have found that the VG Shark Fin Antenna performed consistently better than any stubby antenna fitted on the same car.

A custom die-cut 3M double-sided adhesive gasket is designed to secure the VG Shark Fin Antenna in place, overtop of the antenna base. This 3M adhesive is used because of its bonding strength to the car and its nature of being removable without damaging the paint. Also it has good weatherability and is insensitive to contamination.

The VG Shark Fin Antenna is made of sturdy and high quality ABS plastic by injection molding process. Each VG Shark Fin Antenna is painted and clear coated to color match the OEM color code of your car. VG has reputable body shops working with them, so you can be assured that you are receiving a high quality paint job!

GROUP BUY PRICING

VG's MSRP --> $87.00
RPM's Retail Price --> $82.95

Group Buy Price --> $67.86 (22% off MSRP!)

This price includes USPS Priority Mail shipping within the U.S. (including Alaska and Hawaii). Shipping to Canadian addresses costs an additional US$5.00, so the discount will be $5.00 less for orders shipped to Canada, but they will be shipped via Canada Post from British Columbia, so as to avoid customs fees.

This group buy will accept orders until December 1, 2013. All orders will be sent to Visual Garage at that time. Once submitted, they will be made and custom-painted and will take approximately 4-5 weeks to ship. If you take part in this group buy, you should not expect to receive your antenna until late-December 2013! We can't promise delivery by Christmas, but we'll try! And yes, we know that's a long time. You can pay full price if you want your order to be processed right away. Normal orders are currently taking about 3 weeks from the time the order is placed.

BONUS OFFER: If you order one the vehicle/color combinations found at this link, you will get the GB price, but there will be NO WAIT (while supplies last)!
Antennas ready to ship: https://www.therpmstore.com/store/pg/14-Visual-Garage-Ready-To-Ship.html

HOW TO ORDER

You may order directly from our website via the link below. When checking out, use the coupon code "SHARKFINGB" in order to be included in the group buy. If you do not redeem this coupon code, your order will be processed normally at full price.

Order here: VG Shark Fin Antenna for Mazda #VGMZ - Revolution Performance Motorsports!

Attachments

·
Registered
819 Posts
But I was supposed to stop spending money....

Reactions: kANAkSz and HovA

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Not a huge fan of them..but color matched and better reception definitely got my attention.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Oo Oo very intriguing. I would need onyx black too so I wouldnt have to wait.

What are the approximate dimensions of the sharkfin? I checked the listing but I did not see it. I remember seeing it before somewhere but I can't find it. :(

Is it really tight fitting over the antenna base?

·
Registered
698 Posts
@Riki_desu Not really, there is plenty of room between the top antenna base and the roof of the fin. And plenty of room to hide your Sat-Radio antenna.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I bought the VG Antenna a few years ago when I first got my Speed and although I can't say the reception is any better then a stubby antennae, I definitely took a hit on the reception I got from my stock antenna. I think it looks great but if you're a person that listens to the radio frequently like I do, I would just consider that fact.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oo Oo very intriguing. I would need onyx black too so I wouldnt have to wait.

What are the approximate dimensions of the sharkfin? I checked the listing but I did not see it. I remember seeing it before somewhere but I can't find it. :(

Is it really tight fitting over the antenna base?
I don't have one in front of me, but it's about 7 inches long, 4-5 inches wide and 2.5 inches tall.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got the impression he was asking if it seals well to the roof.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Hmm.. maybe so.. If that's the case, it definitely does that. They use a 3M adhesive gasket, similar to what holds on the factory badges.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We've only received about 20 orders, so far, so we're going to extend this until Sunday, December 1! Get on it while it's still available. Due to the (lack of) response so far, you probably won't be seeing another VG group buy for some time.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I've been wanting this for a long time but just always thought this was too expensive. I might have to jump on this but I can't really say on the timing seeing how my car is having transfer case and transmission work done... too bad the deadline wasn't extended or have two separate GB deadlines.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, even the normal price isn't bad for a painted antenna. Even if you bought one of the cheap non-functional ones off eBay, you'd probably still end up paying the same or more once you had it painted.

The deadline was extended for another week. That's the best we can do. If there was a better response, we could do another one, but there just hasn't been.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Any chance deadline could be till the 3rd or 4th, Tuesday is pay day and I definitely want want one haha!

Regardless, this is a great deal and I've been waiting for a good group buy for awhile and am happy to see this especially, I'll be doing everything I can to see if I can work something out.
..and especially thanks for all the fast and accurate responses, very much appreciated!

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Unfortunately, not. We've already pushed it back as far as we can. We have to get the orders in ASAP so people don't have to wait too long to get them.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Only 2 more days! This GB ends on SUNDAY! Get in while you still can!

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Today is the last day! Less than 12 hours left! Don't miss out!

·
Registered
819 Posts
C'mon, peeps. I want my Sharkfin!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts