Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RPM is proud to bring you yet another group buy for the Shark Fin Antenna from Visual Garage.

This is a fully functional and very stylish shark fin antenna that comes pre-painted to match your car. Hundreds of customers have already purchased this antenna and have been very pleased.

Utilizing fractal antenna technology, VG was able to develop a functional antenna that fits inside the shark fin and retains radio reception within normally acceptable ranges. A fractal antenna is created using fractal geometry (repetition of a simple shape to form a repeating pattern) and has reception that rivals antenna designs 50% to 150% larger in size. Through testing, they have found that the VG Shark Fin Antenna performed consistently better than any stubby antenna fitted on the same car.

A custom die-cut 3M double-sided adhesive gasket is designed to secure the VG Shark Fin Antenna in place, overtop of the antenna base. This 3M adhesive is used because of its bonding strength to the car and its nature of being removable without damaging the paint. Also it has good weatherability and is insensitive to contamination.

The VG Shark Fin Antenna is made of sturdy and high quality ABS plastic by injection molding process. Each VG Shark Fin Antenna is painted and clear coated to color match the OEM color code of your car. VG has reputable body shops working with them, so you can be assured that you are receiving a high quality paint job!

GROUP BUY PRICING

Our original shark fin group buys always used a stepped pricing model, but the last few GBs, we offered a single low price and it worked out well, so we're going to stick with that for the time being! A price this low was previously only offered when we received more than 50 orders!

VG's MSRP --> $81.00
RPM's Retail Price --> $79.95

Group Buy Price --> $64.80 (20% off MSRP!)

This price includes USPS Priority Mail shipping within the U.S. (including Alaska and Hawaii). Shipping to Canadian addresses costs an additional US$5.00, so the discount will be $5.00 less for orders shipped to Canada.

This group buy will accept orders until June 21, 2011. All orders will be sent to Visual Garage at that time. Once submitted, they will be made and custom-painted and will take approximately 4-5 weeks to ship. If you take part in this group buy, you should not expect to receive your antenna until mid-to-late July, 2011! Yes, I know that's a long time. You can pay full price if you want your order to be processed right away. Normal orders are currently taking about 4 weeks from the time the order is placed, or less than a week if the "Rush Order" fee is paid.

HOW TO ORDER

You may order directly from our website via the link below. Do NOT choose the "Rush Order" option if you are participating in the group buy. When checking out, use the coupon code "SHARKFINGB" in order to be included in the group buy. If you do not redeem this coupon code, your order will be processed normally at full price.

Product link: Visual Garage - VG Shark Fin Antenna for Mazda #VGMZ

PICTURES

If you want to see pictures of this installed, see this previous group buy thread here:
GB: Shark Fin Antenna by Visual Garage! (functional) - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 / Mazda Atenza Forum

Attachments

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Finally a group buy I haven't missed!! I will be sure to get me one of those, that price is simply unbeatable!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wish I saw this earlier, I just bought one through Visual Garage two days ago. Not sure how I missed it. I guess I can live with the $15 difference if it's a beautiful as the reviews say.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Noooope. I'm thinking sometime next week for sure.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The "Type II" antennas haven't shipped yet. They took a little longer, so we expect them to ship next week.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts