Mazda 6 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Question about the flashing/logging software discount

Ok, I'm ready to commit to doing a tune, however the laptop that I have is a really old one and I don't know how long I'll be able to keep it running, so I'm thinking I will go ahead and buy a new one that I can install the flashing/data logging software on.

Since the group buy deadline is March 31, does this mean that I would have to have the new laptop by then in order to take advantage of the discount? Or can I buy the software by March 31 and basically not lock it to a computer until a bit later so I'm not as rushed to find a new laptop to buy?

Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
My understanding is that you can load the software to your current laptop. The software license will provide 1 year of support, meaning that if you acquire the new laptop within the year of purchasing the software license, you'll be able to transfer it to your new laptop.

Ok, I'm ready to commit to doing a tune, however the laptop that I have is a really old one and I don't know how long I'll be able to keep it running, so I'm thinking I will go ahead and buy a new one that I can install the flashing/data logging software on.

Since the group buy deadline is March 31, does this mean that I would have to have the new laptop by then in order to take advantage of the discount? Or can I buy the software by March 31 and basically not lock it to a computer until a bit later so I'm not as rushed to find a new laptop to buy?

Thanks!

·
Registered
108 Posts
My understanding is that you can load the software to your current laptop. The software license will provide 1 year of support, meaning that if you acquire the new laptop within the year of purchasing the software license, you'll be able to transfer it to your new laptop.
That makes sense. That should work ok. Thanks!

·
Registered
282 Posts
As far as I know Epifan is not putting a deadline on purchasing the software from him. The march 31st deadline is for purchasing a tune from me (seperate of epifans software).

You could purchase the tune right now, and start tuning whenever you're ready, if you want in on the group buy price. I never made any rule that someone who purchases now has to tune now. I've had people in the past jump in on group buys, purchase their tune, but not be ready with everything else for 1-2 months later. I have no problem with that.

·
Registered
618 Posts
As far as I know Epifan is not putting a deadline on purchasing the software from him. The march 31st deadline is for purchasing a tune from me (seperate of epifans software).

You could purchase the tune right now, and start tuning whenever you're ready, if you want in on the group buy price. I never made any rule that someone who purchases now has to tune now. I've had people in the past jump in on group buys, purchase their tune, but not be ready with everything else for 1-2 months later. I have no problem with that.
With that said, and I apologize if someone already asked in this thread, are you planning to have the tune available for 2016 models in near future? If it's safe to assume that you will definitely have it, I can hop on the groupbuy wagon now and then wait until you get the 16 ready.

·
Registered
282 Posts
With that said, and I apologize if someone already asked in this thread, are you planning to have the tune available for 2016 models in near future? If it's safe to assume that you will definitely have it, I can hop on the groupbuy wagon now and then wait until you get the 16 ready.
Yes absolutely I plan to. And I will have a group buy For that when it comes :) That one will be HUGE because that means the Latest Model Mazda 3's will be supported (and we've got over 50 customers on the waiting list for that ).

So no need to purchase now, there will be a GB for your car when it's available.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts

Epiphan's Group Buy offer of 15% off ends 3/31 as well. I'm not sure if Tatrix is commited to refunding past the 3/31 date either. I'd assume it's a cutoff for all three.

So for those interested in getting the tune at a discount, you've got two days left. So get your ECU checked for compatibility asap and make the purchases by tomorrow.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Ordering the components now. Please add my name to the list so that I can qualify for free shipping on the Tactrix.
You don't need to have your name on the group list. As long as you have a post in this thread indicating you want to be added to the group list, send Mike the link to your post and you should be good to go. Just got my refund issued a couple of minutes ago.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Last day for the group buy!

Confirm your ECU and place your orders to get the discounts.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Group buy amazing turn out!

First, what an amazing turn out! Thank you for the support everyone!
This group buy was much larger in the end than expected, but no complaints! :)

If we could get a mod to edit out the payment stuff / pull the plug on this, as epifan and tactrix are both ending their discounts in under an hour. Along with the tune price from us.

For anyone who missed it, you didn't! This will not be the only chance to get your car tuned. With some of the stuff we are currently working on, and future projects for the skyactiv, we're going to be around for a long time :).

That being said, if anyone who is still interested in getting tuned, you can always purchase a tune from us any time for our standard rate. PM or email me for details or any questions you may have.

Thank you very much everyone!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Thanks for having this group buy and much thanks for the stupid fast turn around time on the logs/tunes! Even on the weekends. :grin2:

First, what an amazing turn out! Thank you for the support everyone!
This group buy was much larger in the end than expected, but no complaints! :)

If we could get a mod to edit out the payment stuff / pull the plug on this, as epifan and tactrix are both ending their discounts in under an hour. Along with the tune price from us.

For anyone who missed it, you didn't! This will not be the only chance to get your car tuned. With some of the stuff we are currently working on, and future projects for the skyactiv, we're going to be around for a long time :).

That being said, if anyone who is still interested in getting tuned, you can always purchase a tune from us any time for our standard rate. PM or email me for details or any questions you may have.

Thank you very much everyone!

41 - 59 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.