Mazda 6 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
I see that the Tactrix Openport 2.0 has a micro sd slot... can that be used for logging, instead of having to carry the laptop around in the car?
unfortunately no because epifan isn't willing to share the PID XMLs. if he was a simple script could be wrote on the SD via wordpad and it would. But... no :(

·
Registered
282 Posts
Uh, the PIDs are in Torque..... :)

This should be trivially discoverable as they're standardized.
are the mazda specific PID's in torque, or just the universal OBDII PIDs.

I need stuff like VVT cam position, oil temp, Fuel pulse width, High pressure fuel pump duty %,knock retard, etc. I don't think that will be found in torque, but please let me know if it is!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I haven't done it myself because I don't own a Mazda but I know for sure that we've had Mazda users successfully log using our micro SD card. If you guys aren't able to find any information out, let me know and I'll try to look through my support tickets to contact past customers of ours who have purchased the OpenPort for logging to get some details from them.

-Mike
Tactrix

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'll look... if I recall oil temp is not in the Epifan list -- don't think it was when I set up logging.
What? If I understand correctly you are speaking about in MazdaEdit right? IT is only not there under DEMO, not when actually connecting to the ECU.
Everything is there when you are not in DEMO mode. I thought the samething at first too lol.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Epifan's software demanded an update when I went to flash the base file -- and that update, which Epifan immediately sent to me, does have those parameters in it.

Incidentally, it's trivial to determine a PID if you have a CAN sniffer.... (evilgrin)

·
Registered
702 Posts
Err... Ok, so my ECU falls under (reposting in case someone else might want to see this):
Hey guys important post regarding supported / tunable ECUs.
Epifan has checked, and with all these ECUs being checked by ID..

here is an easier way for confirmation.
If your ECU is has this combo of Letter / number it IS supported and tunable.

If it is this : P Y (number 1 through 8 ) (Alphabetical letter)
with below : 18 881(alphabetical, usually E)

IF it is NOT " P Y (1-8) (Alphabetical letter) " PM ME A PICTURE.

(note these below are just examples)
For example if yours is PY9B or PZ6H (I need a picture)
for example if yours is PY1H or PY8H or PY7E I do not need a picture, those fall into the category explained above.
Can we get a discount on the "Personal" license of MazdaEdit or is it only for the "Lite" version?

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Can I get added to the group buy list please? Waiting on a couple of things but I will be getting in on a tune. Thanks!
Hey Byakuya ...

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'm in for group buy. Ordered the tactrix and software just now. Will be sending paypal to OV next. Looking forward to seeing the gains.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Just waiting on my product key from epifan and ill be able to start. looking forward to this, ive had a lot of vehicles tuned over the years and it always makes a huge difference.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.