Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Folks!
I'm sure many of you, like me, are happy winter is over. Now im not sure about you guys but winter left a ton of little rock chips all over my front bumper and hood, which irritates the crap ut of me.
On my search i found Dr. Color Chip. Now usually i dont care much for those type of brush on kits, but the Demo gallery got me thinking, so i researched and i found someone in our ranks tried it! @joebrez did and he posted a thread of the results on 6crew Dr. Color Chip
Now i am currently talking to the website and seeing what i can figure out about a group buy.
So far i was told a minimum of 10 people and we'd get 10% off the kit.
Now who would be interested?
Here is the link to the site. Dr.ColorChip Custom Automotive Touch-Up Paint Kit - Dr. ColorChip: Automotive Paint Chip Repair Systems

Just add your name and the country where the kit is gonna be going!
1) Knupsel (Canada)

I will update once i get more details and once it gets going i'll collect the rest of the info!

·
Registered
245 Posts
2) SpooledupRacing

However 10% isn't that much of a deal off 1 kit. Maybe free shipping??
I was told by my Mazda dealer to use thia stuff so I'm gonna guess it works good.

·
Registered
148 Posts
3) Drifter420

I would be interested.. but the website already says 10% off for 2 kits +.

So a GB should be more enticing that what there website may offer?

I be down for it pending shipping cost to Canada as well.

I have a key'd scratch on the driver side front fender thats bugging me and a scuff on the passenger side bumper that would make a great before after example.

EDIT: I see they ship via UPS to Canada.. Thats pretty much guaranteed a brokerage charge with UPS..
Maybe ask if they are willing to ship USPS to Canada?

·
Registered
148 Posts
If you're able to do something with the pricing.. you can tentatively say 5. I will pick one up for my bro's VW as well and call it an early birthday gift. :lol:

·
Registered
614 Posts
WeakSauce, USA

As everyone said above, they already supply a 10% discount with 2 kits, so see what you can do. My car being a 2003 has collected so many damn chips that I practically need to cover 2 body panels and the hood with this stuff lol

·
Registered
148 Posts
Seriously? that sucks.. and what kind of discount they give for 50 people? 2% ? Pfft..
How bout the Canadian postage thing?
Would we get a discount if everyone gets the largest kit they have?

Guess business marketing dept. doesn't realize the more people ( especially car enthusiast who usually have above average concept of car work and most of their peers trust with automotive ) that use it the more advertising they get cause of word of mouth.

Cough Cough.. is this a RIM and Toyota type company that rides their name?:mad:

( time to ask Dr. Google for another quick easy scratch/chip remover ).
This maybe easy to apply and put on.. but without any long term results ( and Dr. color chip doesn't fill in the hole of the chip, it just colors OVER it ), I may still go elsewhere for a fix at same cost that will fill in the chip itself and do it right.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.