Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Dude your better off getting like 8 or 9 people that wanna purchase em and then ask. That way theres proly 15 people buying it and youl get a good discount.

·
Registered
705 Posts
That hood looks like the scoop on the 90's generation camaros. I don't think it would look right on a 6

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
We only carry Seibon so if any (or all) of their offerings interests you, let me know who is interested and I will check stock and price everything out.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
See, the thing about a group buy is there isn't enough quantity to begin with. The 6 is not a tuner car and as such products are limited in existence and availability. Special Order is out of the question as reliable time frames do not exist in this industry.

·
Registered
255 Posts
ohoh~!!! I would love to get a CF hood too~!! personally interesting in the VSII....if the GB is still goin to happen.... :p

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I'd defiently be in on this if it happened. As I need to get a new hood anyways since mine is chiped in the front from rocks and i'd rather just get a CF hood then try to fix this.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Unfortunately its not going to happen. First off there isn't enough quantity to warrant a group buy. Second many CF companies are having a hard time because of a surge in raw materials demand/cost.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
The price for raw materials has sky rocketted over the past year or so due to increased global demand. Some companies saw it coming and bought stock while it was cheap. However eventually their stock is going to deplete and they will need more. Carbon Fiber is used in many applications, with the biggest spenders being in Aerospace (Boeing, Airbus, NASA, Military Contractors, etc.). Look up the one year stock chart on a Japanese company called Toray Industries Inc (they are a supplier). You should be able to see the spike in demand.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
They should make a hood out of synthetic spider webbing....supposed to be the strongest and lightest material...Maybe your company can look in to that one...be the first ones out there with Spider hoods

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
About this Discussion
66 Replies
28 Participants
djquik1
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing