Mazda 6 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 416 Posts

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many of you know, we've been trying to find a reliable source for this grille for over 2 years now. Back in July 2005, we were able to get 10 of these grilles from Japan, but have been unable to get more since then. So we began to search for a reputable company that does quality fiberglass and carbon fiber work so we could have them made here, and Fiber Images is the company to do it!

The Fiber Images Badgeless Sport Grille is styled after the factory Mazda sport grille, but with the large 'flying M' symbol removed. The result is a very clean, attractive look which makes this design very popular.

The grille is available in both gel-coated fiberglass and carbon fiber.

PRICING

The normal pricing for the grilles will be as follows:

2003-2005 Mazda 6
Fiberglass: $159.95
Carbon Fiber: $219.95

2006 Mazdaspeed 6
Fiberglass: $149.95
Carbon Fiber: $209.95

We do not have a replacement grille for the 2006 Mazda 6 at this time. We'll work on getting one made.

ORDERING INFORMATION

We are no longer working with Fiber Images on grilles, so this thread is closed. We are selling fiberglass grilles on a regular basis. See this thread:
http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=79830

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
any pics of the cf ones?? wanna see the weave.. thanks.

·
Registered
475 Posts
does this not work for 06'?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Can I get a shipping code for Canada, for the speed6?

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
any pics of the cf ones?? wanna see the weave.. thanks.
[/b]
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that. I wanted to go ahead and get this posted even though I didn't have pictures of the CF grille. They said they should have some for me Thursday or Friday. As soon as I get them, I'll definitely be posting them.

does this not work for 06'?
[/b]
Not at the moment. We'll be working on getting one made. We wanted to go ahead and get the 2003-2005 one out due to the high demand. The MS6 grille was just thrown in because FI has a MS6 in house.

Can I get a shipping code for Canada, for the speed6?
[/b]
Yes, I'll find out what it will be tomorrow and let everyone know.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
have u seen how's the fitment? in particular, the gap from the top of the grille to the bottom of the hood... all aftermarket grilles i've seen usually have a large uneven gaps there...
[/b]
The fitment is perfect, just like the stock grille. All of the pictures above are accurate. In fact, the 4th picture is a North American car with one of the grilles we shipped previously (which is what FI used to make the mold). However, I will get them to test fit (and take pictures) of one of the actual grilles from their mold before any of these grilles are shipped, just so we are 100% certain there is no problem.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Does this grill require painting if I am installing it on a black car?

·
Registered
548 Posts
awesome Donny, I can't believe we actually have this available again! I'll be ordering as soon as I get paid on the 30th!!!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Donny here is my question (and its intended will all respect).... is it $200 for just the "insert" for the speed6??
[/b]
lol... god bless you. Thought thats kind of pricey, But then again so are all FiberImages prices.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Here is what I need for the MS6!

Linky!

Somebody please make it!

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Does this grill require painting if I am installing it on a black car?
[/b]
Yes, it probably will. It does come with a black gel coat finish, but the finish will probably not be perfect, and it may not match your paint exactly either. It probably coule be done, but it would look much better with a perfect color match and clear coat.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Donny here is my question (and its intended will all respect).... is it $200 for just the "insert" for the speed6??
[/b]
The Mazdaspeed 6 grille is as pictured above. The prices that Fiber Images gave me were exactly $10.00 less than the Mazda 6 grille, which is why I priced it that way. If you consider that the only currently available alternative (AutoEXE) is selling for $388.00, the price doesn't look so bad after all. ;)

·
Registered
358 Posts
[/b]
Hummm... good question???.... seem high $ for an insert and only $10.00 less than the M6 with less materials too???

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
The Mazdaspeed 6 grille is as pictured above. The prices that Fiber Images gave me were exactly $10.00 less than the Mazda 6 grille, which is why I priced it that way. If you consider that the only currently available alternative (AutoEXE) is selling for $388.00, the price doesn't look so bad after all. ;)
[/b]
I agree with you there... its nice to have more options...

The AutoEXE grill is a full replacement though, where as this is just an insert...

I'll have to see what the wife says :)

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I agree with you there... its nice to have more options...

The AutoEXE grill is a full replacement though, where as this is just an insert...

I'll have to see what the wife says :)
[/b]
Good point. I just noticed that myself. I'll mention it to them and see what they say.

·
Registered
64 Posts
anyone have anymore pics of the speed6 insert installed?

1 - 20 of 416 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.