Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Revolution Performance Motorsports is now an authorized distributor for Carbotech performance braking products!

Carbotech Engineering offers a complete line of brake pads for the Mazda 6 in a wide variety of high-performance friction compounds.

Each of these compounds has unique features that make them suitable for certain driving conditions. For street pads, we recommend sticking with the Carbotech Bobcat pads. However, if you are planning on attending any high performance events with your vehicle, we recommend that you check out the detailed compound descriptions before making your selection.

Carbotech Engineering Detailed Compound Descriptions

If you need assistance in selecting the proper pads, please feel free to ask us and we'll provide a recommendation.

PRICING

Rather than list the pricing for each product, we ask that you simply check out the website for your particular application. However, we will go over the available discounts.

First, you may use the following coupon codes, depending on your order:

BRAKEPADSET - $10.00 off a complete front/rear set of brake pads
ROTORSET - $10.00 off a complete front/rear set of rotors
ROTORSNPADS - $25.00 off a complete front/rear set of rotors and pads

Additionally, for the group buy, we will take orders until October 11, 2006 (Group buy is now closed). At that time, if we have sold a minimum of 12 pairs of pads and 4 pairs of rotors (total, including all parts on all orders), we will apply a 5% discount on top of any coupon codes you have used.

If for some reason the minimum is not met, the coupon codes will still be honored and all products will be shipped.

If you need your brakes and pads quickly, you may not wish to wait for the additional discount. If this is the case, simply do not reference the group buy at all in your order and it will be processed immediately.

HOW TO ORDER

Simply find the products you wish to order on our website (www.therpmstore.com) and add them to your cart.

When checking out, apply the coupon code that fits your order.

GROUP BUY STATUS

Pairs of brake pads ordered: 2 of 12
Pairs of rotors ordered: 2 of 4

ADDITIONAL PRODUCTS

Since you're doing brake work there are a few other products we'd like to mention. Techna-Fit Stainless Steel Brake Lines are available for all current 2006 vehicles and provide a more responsive and firm brake pedal by eliminating the spongy feel that often accompanies stock rubber brake lines.

Techna-Fit Stainless Steel Brake Lines for the Mazda 6
Techna-Fit Stainless Steel Brake Lines for the Mazdaspeed 6

Additionally, we also just started carrying Quadriga Motorsports GS610 brake fluid, which greatly exceeds DOT 3 and DOT 4 standards and offers superior performance relative to many other performance brake fluids.

Quadriga Motorsports GS610 Maximum Performance Brake Fluid

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I wanna buy rotors and pads, but are the slotted rotors worth the extra $? How about the rust proof,?I drive pretty normal, no real street racing at all..I plan on buying the bobcat pads....someone wanna fill me in whose had experience with slotted rotors versus OEM? I know that cross-drilled are no good and only for show purpose right? Also, when I buy these, would it be a good idea to powdercoat them for protection as I know you can't powdercoat things used but only brand new....

·
Registered
705 Posts
I wanna buy rotors and pads, but are the slotted rotors worth the extra $? How about the rust proof,?I drive pretty normal, no real street racing at all..I plan on buying the bobcat pads....someone wanna fill me in whose had experience with slotted rotors versus OEM? I know that cross-drilled are no good and only for show purpose right? Also, when I buy these, would it be a good idea to powdercoat them for protection as I know you can't powdercoat things used but only brand new....
[/b]

What exactly would you be powder coating on a rotor? The hub and and edges maybe, but I would think thats what the rust-proof protection is for.

Donny,

Have you had any experience with these or the Rotora's? I have been debating new rotors for a while, but now with this GB, I'm wondering if these will look and perform better or as good as the rotora's, or if I should just throw down the extra money for a set of Rotora's....Thanks!

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
i'll order some carbotech break pads today at lunch. if only rotors fit the 06'.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[/b]
The slotting improves the initial bite and keeps the pads from glazing when they get hot. The disadvantage is that they a little noisier and, if you have SS lines, you can feel the pads hitting the slots through the pedal, which makes the braking not "feel" as smotth, even though it's exactly the same as before. So, it's really a matter of personal preference. Daily drivers really only need blanks, which is why they're sold that way.

The rust-proof is just to keep the middle of the rotor (that sits on the hub) from rusting. If you go out and look at your current rotors (you can see the portion between the back of the wheel and the rotor), chances are there will be rust.

You definitely wouldn't want to powdercoat the braking surface. We offer the rust resistant coating so you dont have to powdercoat the middle of the rotor. The rust resistant coating is also added to the edges and cooling vanes as well.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have you had any experience with these or the Rotora's? I have been debating new rotors for a while, but now with this GB, I'm wondering if these will look and perform better or as good as the rotora's, or if I should just throw down the extra money for a set of Rotora's....Thanks!
[/b]
Yes, I have personally used the Carbotech rotors with no issues. They're easily as good or better than the Rotora rotors.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
how do they're pad stack up specifically to others?

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how do they're pad stack up specifically to others?
[/b]
Carbotech's performance street pads will outperform and outlast just about every other OEM replacement pad on the market. From our experience, this is definitely an example of "you get what you pay for."

what is price for just front pads rotors for an 03 i
[/b]
The prices are on our website, but since you asked, it would be $244.90 for the pads and rotors at normal price. If you wanted to participate in the group buy and the goal was met, the price would be lowered to $232.66

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am talking about quality and durability (facts), not just opinion;)
[/b]
The parts from both companies are essentially OEM replacement parts. In other words, they were designed to OEM specifications. As such, I can not claim that one is better than the other.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How much for shipping to 99517 anchorage Alaska, If I buy rotors and pads?
[/b]
For a full set of front/rear rotors and pads, the box would weigh around 50lbs, so shipping to Alaska would be an additional $80.00.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
For a full set of front/rear rotors and pads, the box would weigh around 50lbs, so shipping to Alaska would be an additional $80.00.
[/b]
Dang, good thing I get paid until I leave active DUty, sounds like I'll buy a pack this friday when I get paid, hopefully more people come in and buy some packages!!!!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Hey Donnie, can you give me a shipping code to Alaska so I can buy these things, rotors and pads....99517....

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, nothing. ;) I've had a couple orders, but they were outside of the group buy because they didn't want to wait, so this one's probably going to fail, unfortunately...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts