Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 874 Posts

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, here we are….the first official GB for both Kevin’s LED tail lights that everyone is talking about. This is really exciting for BOTH CAR_LED and Potential Motorsports as this will be both of our first GB.

Introduction

Potential Motorsports:
Potential Motorsports is a newly formed company with the goal of bringing Quality, unique styling and performance products at the lowest possible price to our automotive and off road communities. The company was established by three brothers, myself Justin (obviously Justins6S from right here on M6C), my brother Philip (currently a member on Mazdas247.com) and our other brother Rob (member of the VW community). We along with a few other friends, with the same deep passion for performance and styling, formed our company last July and have been working within our local markets to begin and
expand our business. Now as we continue to grow we are branching out into our online communities to bring you quality and unique products at the lowest possible prices. At Potential Motorsports it is our goal to bring you the MODS you need to really “Unleash the potential in your ride!”.

CAR_LED:
Kevin with CAR_LED does not need much of an introduction other than to say, take a look at the Electrical section of this forum and see what he has done and brought to our community. Kevin has spent countless hours of his own time to create, develop, market and support his aftermarket LED retros for us to enjoy. All of Kevin’s products are backed with a warranty and have had months of R/D as well as day to day testing by the MANY members of this forum who have had these lamps for many months now. (I being one of them). Kevin has done a remarkable job of not only developing quality products but unmatched aftermarket support despite the obvious challenges of language barriers, time differences and long distance phone support. Yet, he has taken care of any and all the questions, comments and concerns we (the forum) have posted for him. This is why we have chosen to carry his products and are proud to announce that we will be his US distributor for sales and aftermarket support!

Now, what we have all been waiting for. The details of the Group Buy:

Begin Date: January 2, 2008
End Date: February 2, 2008 at midnight

Retail price
Sedan / Sport - Chrome – Standard LED (NON-RING) - $375 USD plus shipping
Sedan / Sport – New Style Blacked Out – RING STYLE - $395 USD plus shipping

10+ people
Sedan / Sport - Chrome – Standard LED (RING or NON-RING) - $355 USD plus shipping
Sedan / Sport – New Style Blacked Out – RING STYLE - $375 USD plus shipping

20+ people
Sedan / Sport - Chrome – Standard LED (RING or NONRING) - $330 USD plus shipping
Sedan / Sport – New Style Blacked Out – RING STYLE - $350 USD plus shipping

LED 3rd Brake light

Sedan $12 USD
Hatch Back $18 USD
Shipping included if bought in GB with tail lamp $10 shipping if not bought w/tail lamps

All lamps will include a FULL LED conversion (turn signals, reverse lights and all 4 brake lights) in a Euro Tail Lamp (no bulge, no side reflector). The Chrome lamps will offer the standard LED or Ring Style in a OEM housing, the black lamps will only offer the ring style in a aftermarket lamp.
*1/7/08 update* Turn signals available in red or amber.
*1/11/08 update* These lamps will come prewired for Euro rear fog lights should you wish to use them. It is a simple wire added to the inner 2 lamps to allow you to hook up a rear fog light switch.

This price includes the housings, LED conversion, and resistors.

Shipping:

For this first GB the lamps will be shipped direct from Kevin in China with an average of a 2 week delivery. Once this GB has been completed these lamps will be carried in stock and shipping from the US which will take on average 1 week to deliver. In addition the shipping charges will be reduced from $80 per set to $50 per set (within the US).

For this GB we will honor:
Air shipment - (2 week delivery from China) @ $50.00 USD (again within the US)

Payment:
Payments should be sent via PAYPAL to: (Please PM for availability) We will begin accpeting payments again March 15-31 for the remaining black tails.
On your payment make sure you include the following:
1) Your screen name from the forum
2) Verify your address
3) Provide a contact number
4) Also make a note of what type of lamps you would like to confirm your order
............a) Black
............b) Chrome (also note with or WITHOUT ringstyle)
............c) RED or AMBER Turn Signals
............d) Other add on’s (3rd brake light SEDAN or HATCH)

**UPDATE 1/18/08**
At this point we are not going to be sending any more lights out until the end of the GB. If your payment has been sent in you will be processed, kind of a thanks for paying early. If you still have to send payment, no worries you have until Feb 2nd. We will continue to accept payments but we will batch the rest of the orders all together in one shipment at the end of the GB. This will be the best thing for all and since Kevin is not set up for doing this many drop ships it will in the long run speed up the process. Thank you for your understanding.

**UPDATE 1/24/08**
We are at a limited availability and only have a few more sets available, please see the updated list below.

This product carries an 18 month warranty from the date of shipment.

Please keep in mind that this is a special introductory offer so let’s make the 20+ mark!

We also offer smoked LED side markers, smoked rear bumper reflectors, Apexcone HID’s, Halos and soon Icecreme98’s clear black side markers.

Thanks for looking and please do not hesitate to PM or email if you have any questions.

Names of those who are committing to buy and LOCKED IN at this GB price:
9) Pick6 - Black lamps w/amber turn signals, smoked side markers, smoked rear bumper reflector lights
10) the1bigmike - Black lamps (removed from list)
11) AznKnightz05 - Black lamps w/amber turn signals
12) dezi - Black lamps w/amber turn signals
13) sKiLLs007 - CHROME lamps w/ring
21) achow87 - Black lamps
23) kewlguy6 - Black lamps w/RED turn signals
25) BiG PiMpIn - Black lamps w/amber turn signals
28) dezi (2nd set) - Black lamps w/amber turn signals, 3rd hatch light
29) SnowmanBandit - Black lamps w/amber turn signals
32) *ICE* - Black lamps w/? turn signals
33) PowerNissen - maybe
34) Evokiller1210 - maybe
35) Famosq6 - maybe
39) Front 1ine - maybe
43) jsmazda6 - Black lamps w/amber turn signals + 3rd Hatch Light
44) djxtc21 - Black lamps w/amber turn signals
46) Blingdog420 - Black lamps w/amber turn signals + 3rd hatch light
47) Shane23 - Black lamps w/amber turn signals + 3rd hatch light
48) WiLLywiLL - Black lamps w/amber turn signals
49) Gandalf - Black lamps w/amber turn signals
51) grtplyre - Black lamps w/RED turn signals + 3rd hatch light
53) Chilly604 - ??
55) sgolas - Black lamps w/amber turn signals
57) momom6 - Black lamps w/amber turn signals
58) NYMazda6 - Black lamps w/amber turn signals
************END OF GROUP BUY**********

Names of who have sent payment:
Black lamps = 30 Available
PAID-1 1) ecko280 - Black lamps w/amber turn signals
PAID-1 2) [email protected] - Black lamps w/amber turn signals
PAID-2 3) Iluv2zmzm - Black lamps w/amber turn signals, 3rd hatch light
PAID-1 4) metal4all6 - Black lamps w/amber turn signals
PAID-1 5) E-Licious - Black lamps w/amber turn signals
PAID-1 6) Jayzon - Black lamps w/amber turn signals and 3rd hatch light
PAID-2 7) M6IWKU - Black lamps w/amber turn signals
PAID-1 8) jhill1977 - Black lamps w/amber turn signals
PAID-2 14) HighSpeed6 - Black lamps w/red turn signals, 3rd hatch light
PAID-1 15) FITCHSTIX - Black lamps w/RED turn signals
PAID-1 16) Flyin3360 - Black lamps w/amber turn signals
PAID-2 17) Mcfly - Black lamps w/amber turn signals
PAID-1 18) qust0h - Black lamps w/amber turn signals
PAID-1 20) turbodoug- Black lamps w/amber turn signals
PAID-2 22) snohacking - Black lamps w/RED turn signals, smoked rear bumper reflector lights
PAID-2 26) allan - Black lamps w/amber turn signals, 3rd hatch light
PAID-2 30) Hoho - Black w/amber turn signals
PAID-2 31) TopSpeed6 - Black w/amber turn signals
PAID-2 36) BabyBlue M6 - Black w/amber turn signals
<strike>PAID-2 37) Owen Birch - Black w/amber turn signals</strike>
PAID-3 41) 06Lapis Slix - Black lamps w/amber turn signals, rear bumper lights
PAID-3 42) exftw - Black lamps w/amber turn signals
PAID-3 45) Rusharp - Black lamps w/amber turn signals
PAID-3 52) Emptynapalm - Black lamps w/Amber turn signals
PAID-3 50) zzzzoom6 - Black lamps w/RED turn signals + 3rd hatch light
PAID-3 38) SSinstaller - Black lamps w/amber turn signals
<strike>PAID-3 24) RaGe - Black lamps w/amber turn signals , 3rd hatch light</strike>
PAID-3 40) The Great NY - Black lamps w/amber turn signals, rear bumper lights
<strike>PAID-3 54) Confuc1ous - Black lamps w/amber signals</strike>
<strike>PAID-3 56) Vodkabean - Black lamps w/amber turn signals</strike>
PAID-3 59) Vexxus21 - Black lamps w/amber turn signals
**SOLD OUT of the first 3 batches of black tails**

Chrome
PAID-1 19) Eros - CHROME lamps Ring style w/amber turn signals
PAID-2 27) KingOfZoom - CHROME lamps w/amber turn signal NONRING style, 3rd hatch light

*disclaimer* These lamps are not DOT street legal, they lack the side reflector and side facing lights required. Should be intended for show and off road use only.

*1/13/08 update* DIY 3rd Brake Light (Hatchback) How To

Attachments

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Pics of the Hatch back LED 3rd brake light

Here is a pic of the LED board that gets installed into your factory brake light housing.

Pics of the Sedan LED 3rd brake light (non spoiler brake light)

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Bump.. these taillamps are hot looking, also make the car more visible (safer) from the rear.

Justin also stands behind his products 100%. :yesnod:

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
In your other offers, how do the led sidemarkers look. Are they the same as the rpm ones?

As for the pics you posted above, in another thread, you described the black bezeled tails as the non swirlies and non-tinted, correct? Just wanted to clarify that lil bit for everyone.

Bump for great product...I have the Ring Designs and absolutely love the look!

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Can someone please upload some pics as I cannot see photobucket from work and I want to see these.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
pic of the 3rd brake light for hatch please

man i really like the smoke out look, anyone want to buy my black true euros or you guys take trade in's??

also, what is involved in the install? do they just pop in and plug in like the true euros i have?

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
That looks so damn hot....I wish I had the money to blow.

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
also, what is involved in the install? do they just pop in and plug in like the true euros i have?[/b]
For mine, the outters are plug and play....the inner trunk ones you may need to do some minor wiring, but its not complicated...only three wires each side (if you have the brake light mod done). Justin did a good write up when he first did his, so you can ask if you do get stumped.

·
Registered
985 Posts
What would the price be if we had the euro style already and just wanted to send our taillights to him to be done? BTW does anyone know which wing that is... I kno its not the autoexe.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Wow, these look amazing - I wish I had the money to spend on them. First some questions though, do these come to us without the tint overlay (if there is one on those pics, I can't tell)? Also, what does the hatch 3rd brake light look like, some pictures? I'd suggest linking your install write-up for the tail lights Justin.

Thanks for a great product, these are phenomenal, I just wish I had the money to spend on them. I hope your going to be stocking these for more than a year, maybe by then!

·
Registered
732 Posts
Shipping to Canada?? How much...

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Can you be more specific as to if these will fit all models & years or what specific model it doesn't fit. PLZ.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Do these fit the speed6?[/b]
Yes they do.

Can you be more specific as to if these will fit all models & years or what specific model it doesn't fit. PLZ.[/b]
They will fit all models (except the wagon) and they will fit all years.

1 - 20 of 874 Posts