Mazda 6 Forums banner

421 - 435 of 435 Posts

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #421
the rear bolt......

use the 15mm ratcheting wrench and go at it from the top with the open end of the rwrench facing the sky.

if you havent threaded the bolt in about half way....you will need to do so or use the open end of the wrench and work it halfway in slowly, then use the ratcheting wrench end to finish it off.

also u had a type o......u said pass. side but the clutch line is on the driverside...so im assuming u are talking about the tranny mount not the engine mount.

as for rattles.....ive had mine on probably longer than all of u..but no rattles...if u hear rattles...then u had something loose before the install and the stiffer mounts make it more pronouced or u left something loose during the install.

and please be ssure of what it is ur talking about.....rattles and engine resonance/vibration are 2 totallly different things.

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
QUOTE (joebrez @ Jan 23 2009, 07:35 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1508772
I just tried to install the Pass Mount, and ran into issues with the 2 lower bolts. Even with a ratcheting 15mm wrench, I could not reach the back bolt. Does the Clutch line need to move?

I know I saw an instructional doc here on the V6 MTX pass mount, but I searched and searched and could not find the write up again.

Please Help Brothas!!!

Joe[/b]
Use a universal socket with an extension is how I did it,but my you have to realize that my ratchet,one socket and extension cost alot more than this mount..

Common wrenches and ratchets would be a PITA to use to install this.

But as someone said, a stubby wrench or a long offset wrench would do the trick

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Installing this mount for me required pure brute force. Once I got it lined up on a few bolts, I had to just pry the engine around until it slipped on to the top of the last bolt. Then I hammered it down a bit, put the nut on, and torqued it down, watching the engine move into place with each torque. It was such a great feeling to get it on there lol.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
QUOTE (joebrez @ Jan 23 2009, 05:35 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1508772
I just tried to install the Pass Mount, and ran into issues with the 2 lower bolts. Even with a ratcheting 15mm wrench, I could not reach the back bolt. Does the Clutch line need to move?

I know I saw an instructional doc here on the V6 MTX pass mount, but I searched and searched and could not find the write up again.

Please Help Brothas!!!

Joe[/b]
Isn't the clutch line on the driver side of the engine? Why would it be in the way of installing the passenger side mount?

·
Registered
956 Posts

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Just sub'ing to this thread....my future upgrade

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
I just got my mount today. I will be installing it tomorrow night. I would love to hear peoples results about the vibrations that they were experiencing when they for got the mount to the present day(did it get better or stayed the same). Thanks

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Shake-shake-shake.....OMG, this thing makes the car feel and sound different. I want my stock mount back(sad face here). I hope it starts to settle in fast or I'm selling it for $150 (bought it brand new for $186). I think I'm going to try and get the 70 duro inserts and see if that makes things better. Why couldn't they make the inserts out of rubber instead of urethane?

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Why couldn't they make the inserts out of rubber instead of urethane?
For the love of God, please tell me you are kidding?

Sorry to hear you're not enjoying the product. I still need to snag the trans mount and pass mount. Did you get 88? B/c if so, I'll forward you the $150 and take it right off your hands.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
PM sent

·
Registered
35 Posts
I called AWR for all 3 of these bad boys and ordered them all in 88. They should arrive soon and will hopefully suit the custom exhaust, K & N intake and msds header mods well.

421 - 435 of 435 Posts