Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Text of message provided by member Justin6s:
You all have waited and waited for a product like this and we are pleased to announce the release of the tinted over lay for the Mazda 6 Hatch back third brake light. This over lay comes in two shades 20% Smoke or 35% Dark Smoke. MUCH easier than nightshades and not cheap cling on tint that will not last in the elements. This is a great addition to your black/tinted tails and a MUST to go with your smoked rear LED reflectors. This group buy does not require a certain amount of people to sign up to get the special price but is limited time only. The regular sale price is $19.95 but for a limited time only they are on sale for HALF PRICE!!!

Sale Begin Date:
March 4th 2007

Sale End Date:
May 31st 2007

Pic:

Vendor:
Rock Blocker[/b]
Members Notice:

Please be advised www.mazda6club.com, its owner, adminstator and moderators are not affiliated with this group buy. Representations, claims, warranties or statements made by the member sponsor are not endorsed, supported or approved by www.mazda6club, its owner, adminstrator or moderators. www.mazda6club.com, its owner, administrators and moderators make no warranties, either expressed or implied, regarding this group buy, the representations made by the member sponsor and the items sold herein as to their fitness for a particular purpose or merchantability. Members of www.mazda6club.com are always advised to undertake common sense precautions before deciding to participate in internet based group buys.

Moderators will not be able to answer any of your questions regarding this group buy. All matters related to this specific group buy should be relayed directly to the member sponsoring this group buy.

Members participating in this group buy knowingly and expressly waive any and all claims against www.mazda6club, its owner, administrator and moderators relating to this group buy.

·
Registered
101 Posts
So if its not night shades or some form of static cling tint, what is it? I'd like to know a little more to warrant a purchase, otherwise I'd just go with picking up some static tint and do it myself. It does look good though.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
There was a guy last year that was selling overlays for that light that said "Mazda6" on them.

I contacted him last year and had him make this one for me custom for $12.95 which he refunded to me in exchange to use the pics of it on his website! I can get these wholesale for members if anyone would rather get these!

·
Registered
667 Posts
There was a guy last year that was selling overlays for that light that said "Mazda6" on them.

I contacted him last year and had him make this one for me custom for $12.95 which he refunded to me in exchange to use the pics of it on his website! I can get these wholesale for members if anyone would rather get these!

[/b]

I want one!!! Can you get one for me???

·
Registered
683 Posts
I'd like to see more info and possibly more pics aswell, how is it applied to the car? is it just a smoked tint or does it have writing like the other overlay posted by Mazda0to6ty, or is it plain like the one posted by HighSpeed6

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
I definitely don't think it's the one that Mazda0to6ty posted. Rockblocker wouldn't do that, that tint film was sold on eBay. This is for the plain one like mine, just better made! In my opinion $10 is worth the trouble it took me to get it perfect (and you can still see the imperfections).

BTW Justin6s shouldn't it be 20% is "Dark Smoked" and 35% is "Smoke" since the lower the number the darker the tint since less light can make its way through?

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I definitely don't think it's the one that Mazda0to6ty posted. Rockblocker wouldn't do that, that tint film was sold on eBay. This is for the plain one like mine, just better made! In my opinion $10 is worth the trouble it took me to get it perfect (and you can still see the imperfections).

BTW Justin6s shouldn't it be 20% is "Dark Smoked" and 35% is "Smoke" since the lower the number the darker the tint since less light can make its way through?[/b]
For clarification,my overlay isn't cheap tint in the first place,it's a custom made VINYL overlay that you can get off later with a heat gun if you don't like it. I used to have one that said "Mazda6" and took it off when I got the new "Mazdaspeed" one.

If you don't like it,that's cool,I was just offering an OPTION to those that might not have realized there WAS one. I wasn't trying to start any sales blocking or anything. Sorry

This is the e-mail I got when I sent a pic of my brake back to the guy who made it:

Sent : Wednesday, July 19, 2006 5:03 PM
To : "Mike " <[email protected]>
Subject : Re: Picture as promised

You're the man.
Thanks for the pics. I will use them on another account of mine.

Sweeeeeet

You can tell your site forums buddies I will sell direct to them without
THE WEBSITE
Later

So as you see,he is willing to make them with most ANYTHING you want them to say in the vinyl and sell direct to club members so I just thought I would offer to pass it along.

Here is a pic of it when it is NOT lit......................

The one I got is a carbon fiber looking vinyl,but you CAN get them in just plain black as well!
Either way,they look just as dark when they aren't lit too!
They match my tail lights really well..........

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
I wasn't trying to offend you, or put down your product what so ever. I didn't know those were vinyl made, I just knew they were sold on eBay so that's how I identified them. I was just trying to identify the right product before other members could come in and get confused from the two different pictures. When I was referring to this GB as a better made product, I was comparing it to my DIY tint film that I stuck on my car, not your vinyl film.

With all that aside, let's now see some intrest and feedback for this tint film Rockblocker made for us hatchback members.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I wasn't trying to offend you, or put down your product what so ever. I didn't know those were vinyl made, I just knew they were sold on eBay so that's how I identified them. I was just trying to identify the right product before other members could come in and get confused from the two different pictures. When I was referring to a better made product, I meant the DIY tint film that I stuck on my car, not your vinyl film.[/b]
IT'S ALL GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!

Like I said,I was just trying to let people know that these were available too and help out the guy who made mine for me custom since he ONLY sells on the internet. I have dealt with him before this and he has ALWAYS treated me right!

If noones interested,that's fin,if anyone is,thewn just PM me so I don't start any hassles here in the thread anymore.

Thanks to everyone for even reading this!

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
So if its not night shades or some form of static cling tint, what is it? I'd like to know a little more to warrant a purchase, otherwise I'd just go with picking up some static tint and do it myself. It does look good though.[/b]
It is made by Rock Bocker, it is a thick vinyl that will stand up against the elements. Check out their website.

https://rbaftermarket.com/catalog/

or

www.rockblocker.com

I'd like to see more info and possibly more pics aswell, how is it applied to the car? is it just a smoked tint or does it have writing like the other overlay posted by Mazda0to6ty, or is it plain like the one posted by HighSpeed6[/b]
Just smoked but it comes in two different shades.

BTW Justin6s shouldn't it be 20% is "Dark Smoked" and 35% is "Smoke" since the lower the number the darker the tint since less light can make its way through?[/b]
Those were my thoughts too but I will try and get more clarification. Highspeed, looks good but you have to admit you can not beat the quality of the ROCKBLOCKER. :yesnod: This stuff is the same material used on the headlights to keep rocks from chipping and pitting the headlights, hence the name "Rock Blocker"

Can we stay on topic please.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
This sounds good, but like everyone else I would like to see closeup shots of the product, as well as one with the brake light applied... of both shades so we can all know how the product is going to look.

Also, and not to stray off topic or "threadcrap" but this is a very good temp fix until Donny or someone else comes up with a smoked 3rd brake light itself, like the new reflectors that recently hit the market.

I think once I see more photos I will be picking one of these overlays up for sure :) Thanks Justin for getting this out there!

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
This sounds good, but like everyone else I would like to see closeup shots of the product, as well as one with the brake light applied... of both shades so we can all know how the product is going to look.
I think once I see more photos I will be picking one of these overlays up for sure :) Thanks Justin for getting this out there![/b]
Hey man no prob! Just glad I could do something for the hatch back guys before the sedan guys. :sarc: LOL. The nice thing is these are removable...hint-heatgun ;) not hard at all!

Trying to get some more pics now.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Warranty and Company Info:

The mission of RockBlocker is simple really! RockBlocker believes in offering you, the consumer the best overall paint protection and headlight protection on the market that we can. We developed a line of paint protection kits that offers the lowest prices without sacrificing coverage, quality, craftsmanship or customer confidence to the best of our abilities.

Through research and data we have found the most important factors in the decision buying process are cost, warranty and the type of material that is used for the application. We feel we can answer all three to your satisfaction.

RockBlocker uses 3M ScotchGard paint protection exclusively for all of our paint protection kits. For our light protection we use a high impact resistant film made to take the punishment so your lights dont have too.

RockBlocker offers a lifetime warranty on the film for as long as you own the car.

RockBlocker has done everything possible to bring you the best prices on the market

All of the products that we carry are pre-cut by computers to provide an exact fit to your particular vehicle. Every kit is test fitted for proper assurance of fitting correctly. We try to cover all of your needs or just the ones that you need to protect the most. If you are wanting a full kit or something less such as partial kit to bumper to only just the edges of the doors we have what you need.

RockBlocker full kits typically will cover the hood, bumper, grille, mirrors, and fenders depending on the make and model. Our customer service department can help you determine whether or not you would be able to install the product correctly. The products we offer are made to protect your vehicle from almost all the elements on our roads today from road construction, snow, salt to gravel and sand and everything else you can think of. You can wash and wax the surfaces or run your vehicle through the car wash without any of the hassle or worries.

Basically, you wont even remember that the protection is there until you hear that rock bounce off your car and find out later nothing happened!

For more information, please call or email us!!

Email: [email protected]
Phone: 425.221.5352

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
I will most likely end up getting this, but I'd still like more pics. With brakes applied, and possibly a comparison of the two different shades.[/b]
Working on it just for you! LOL, no I will be placing a phone call to them tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Hey man no prob! Just glad I could do something for the hatch back guys before the sedan guys.[/b]
SELLOUT!!!

LOL it's all good. Why don't you try the cling tint on your 3rd brake light first? I'm really curious to see it now, especially since we have the tinted reflectors now.

·
Registered
667 Posts
For clarification,my overlay isn't cheap tint in the first place,it's a custom made VINYL overlay that you can get off later with a heat gun if you don't like it. I used to have one that said "Mazda6" and took it off when I got the new "Mazdaspeed" one.
If you don't like it,that's cool,I was just offering an OPTION to those that might not have realized there WAS one. I wasn't trying to start any sales blocking or anything. Sorry

This is the e-mail I got when I sent a pic of my brake back to the guy who made it:

Sent : Wednesday, July 19, 2006 5:03 PM
To : "Mike " <[email protected]>
Subject : Re: Picture as promised

You're the man.
Thanks for the pics. I will use them on another account of mine.

Sweeeeeet

You can tell your site forums buddies I will sell direct to them without
THE WEBSITE
Later
So as you see,he is willing to make them with most ANYTHING you want them to say in the vinyl and sell direct to club members so I just thought I would offer to pass it along.

Here is a pic of it when it is NOT lit......................

The one I got is a carbon fiber looking vinyl,but you CAN get them in just plain black as well!
Either way,they look just as dark when they aren't lit too!
They match my tail lights really well..........
[/b]

can he custom make one with CLEAR overlay?

1 - 20 of 73 Posts