Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To begin off, yes I know I have the possible steel wheel buy thread but the company associated with it are a bunch of bums. I actually was proposed to do this GB by VEI themselves, who check their emails non stop.

So here's the scoop 10% for 10+ units, 18% for 20+ units, to 22% for 30+ units of a single product

The VEI boost gauge retails for 99$ on their website. (the red color which I assume we all want)

The gauge is known for it's extremely compact depth, well it has gotten even thinner: (old on the left, gen 2 on the right)

-HERE ARE THE SPECS-
Features & Functions:

* Range: < -30 in. Hg to > 50 psi
* Integrated semiconductor sensor (no external sensor required)
* Park-light dimmer
* Bi-directional 12-segment bargraph AND 3-digit display
* Bargraph peak mode
* User-settable bargraph scale
* User-settable day and night intensities (9 levels each) (might help us match the red colors since we can dim etc.)

Colors:

* Bezel: natural machined aluminum
* Display: Bright Red

Gauge size:

* 2-1/16"(52mm) mounting diameter

Here's the website: http://www.veisystems.com/instruments.html
Even though it isn't listed they also have EGT gauges which match!

Several people here have these gauges and even mention the machines aluminum matches our interiors.
If you are interested just post. NOTHING official just an interest thread If all goes well I'll have admins make a thread in the GB making it official

·
Registered
700 Posts
Awesome, im definately interested! any ideas on how we would mount these>? maybe p5freek will chime in.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I like it.

What sort of housing options do we have?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome, im definately interested! any ideas on how we would mount these>? maybe p5freek will chime in.
[/b]

I just got a sweet idea, how easy and convenient would it be for the driver's side side window defront vent to have a pod built into it. It would take a plastic molder no time to which that one up.

The location would be ideal and the instal easy. The price shouldnt be high either. So pretty much pop the old one out pop in the new one. The only gauge that would prolly work depth wise would be the VEI.

The vents are soo overkill in size that the gauge pod can take up all slats except for the bottom two and the two will still be effective for the size window. Just have the pod angled at the driver and you got a winning product.

Now as to who has plastic shop connections to get it made......

Here's a googled image for reference:

·
Registered
302 Posts
do what everyone else is doing. either buy the gauge pod for the center console (if you dont have nav) or put it in the center vent above the hazzard light button. Me, I just made a custom gauge pod in the center console for my Defi Link meter BF amber's and the center console still opens for storage. :D

·
Registered
243 Posts
Get the ePod, it looks very clean and works perfectly. And I would absolutely recommend this gauge it works awesome and matches the interior lighting.

-Kyran

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Get the ePod, it looks very clean and works perfectly. And I would absolutely recommend this gauge it works awesome and matches the interior lighting.

-Kyran
[/b]
Still want to see it :irate:

:laugh:

I think everyone on this site has been waiting for an e-pod pic for now 4+ months... the only reason I'm cautious is because the other pods on their site look like poop...

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Count me in... more the merrier!

people, try to convince more people to get in....!!!!

·
Registered
795 Posts
very good gauge and very accurate as well

·
Registered
40 Posts
Using the 3-pod conversion for the NAV compartment on the dash, I'd probably be interested in vacuum/boost, EGT, and wideband O2 (they have that, right?).

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Using the 3-pod conversion for the NAV compartment on the dash, I'd probably be interested in vacuum/boost, EGT, and wideband O2 (they have that, right?).
[/b]
This is form an email they sent to me:

FYI, we have a wideband AFR/Lambda display, that is programmable to accept the signal from any aftermarket controller with a linear 5V output, such as the LC-1, PLX, TechEdge, WBO2, etc.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
great idea

·
Registered
803 Posts
i am interested. that is a great price, and if it matches the int. ill save a bundle instead of going with defi.

any word on making the pod you described for the defrost vent? i think that would be ver yclean and go perfect with the overall subtle nature of the car

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
i'm interested. definitely would need to see some mounting options, like an "a" pillar or steering wheel shroud pods. i'm already using the map compartment and don't want to loose a vent.

·
Registered
40 Posts
i'm interested. definitely would need to see some mounting options, like an "a" pillar or steering wheel shroud pods. i'm already using the map compartment and don't want to loose a vent.
[/b]

Unless you want to give up the option of a side curtain airbag, 'a' pillar pods are out of the question for MPS owners.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I'd be down for one.

They'll work great in the hide-a-pods too! (Group Buy coming soon..)

Jason

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Same IM interested to just want to see examples of mounting positions, also do they give you directions on installing it prob get my mechanic uncle or friend to help me out. Is it that easy to install? But deff want to see samples of locations.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
'a' pillar pods are out of the question for MPS owners.
[/b]
some industrious individual/business will develop a safe alternative.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts