Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
I'm curious to see if these would affect the airbag performance at all. I know that not all 6's come with the side air bags, but if the airbag pushes the cover off and to the side as opposed to breaking through it would using this pod be safe. I'm curious because I have the side airbags and I'd really like to get a set of these.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Actually come to think of it ; I'm not too sure about that for the Air Bags ; 'cause when I had mine off (the plastic shield) what I remember seeing was only straws that relayed to the upper felt liner (ceiling height - not pillar) where the Air Bags/Curtains deploy .

Ya I was at the dealer for a drain plug not properly connected causing a leak under there coming from the drain holes of the moon-roof . I expressed my concern to the Tech about being worried that the sensors back there (if any) could not deploy properly if they rusted .

He reassured me there was none - all there was , were those tubes that reached up towards the ceiling for Air Bag Deployment . Now to really be sure I would have to ask him if that plastic piece (the stock one) would readily jump to my face as well in an accident ; but my gut feeling is that it's not the case at all - as it would be unsafe for passenger safety regulations . All we need to do is ask the Dealer Technicians - not the Salesmen :D[/b]

Interesting, I'm going to call my dealer tomorrow and find out for sure.

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
I'd suggest using a hole saw to cut the hole for the gauges. It's straightforward and easy to do.

I called the dealer today and they told me it's safe to put the gauges in the pillar. They just told me to keep them about 1/4 of the pillar other than that I'm good to go. So I think it's time for a 3 gauge pillar pod, hehe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.