Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i gauged the side wall of my front passenger side tire pulling into my moms driveway... when i lift the flap (where it gauged), its pretty deep, i can see this kind of white and copper toned lining... but that part wasnt pierced (i dont think).

Can this be repaired or i need a new tire? WHen you lift the gauged flap up its less then a nickel in diameter...

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
If you can see the cord material, then the tire is no more good and must be replaced immediately. This type of damage can not be repaired. Put your spare on and don't drive on it (for your own safety).

·
Registered
979 Posts
Don't take any chances on it go get it looked at!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok... should i just have my dealer order the same tire (pirelli pzero-nero) so i have the same exact tire or should i try and get some other brand from some local tire place? cuz if i go to my dealer they are going to have to order it and i will be carless for a couple days... maybe even a week. But im sure some local shops around here have 215/45/r18's

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
You don't really want to mix brands/tread patterns on the same axle. Your best bet is to get another Pirelli. How many miles are on the car? If you have an '06, then you probably don't have many. Most manufacturers will offer a "policy concession" for original equipment consumers that have a road hazard in the first few thousand miles. Some will offer 25-75% off the purchase of a new tire to help you out in your unfortunate situation.

Either call Pirelli at:

phone: 1-800-PIRELLI (800-747-3554)

or find a local tire dealer to help you out:

Find a Pirelli Dealer

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You don't really want to mix brands/tread patterns on the same axle. Your best bet is to get another Pirelli. How many miles are on the car? If you have an '06, then you probably don't have many. Most manufacturers will offer a "policy concession" for original equipment consumers that have a road hazard in the first few thousand miles. Some will offer 25-75% off the purchase of a new tire to help you out in your unfortunate situation.

Either call Pirelli at:

phone: 1-800-PIRELLI (800-747-3554)

or find a local tire dealer to help you out:

Find a Pirelli Dealer
[/b]
whoa!

thanks for the hot tip!!!!!!

you are the MAN.

im dropping my car off at the dealer tomorrow. Ill tell them to wait before ordering a new tire i guess... so i could call Pirelli first.

I have maybe 3k miles on the car now.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
im dropping my car off at the dealer tomorrow. Ill tell them to wait before ordering a new tire i guess... so i could call Pirelli first.

I have maybe 3k miles on the car now.
[/b]
And it's possible your Mazda dealer could handle this for you as well, but if they say tough luck, then try a Pirelli dealer or call Pirelli yourself. I don't know how willing Pirelli will be to do this, but like I wrote before, most tire manufacturers will help out customers in this exact situation. I had Continental help me out on an oe tire once, and they gave me 50%.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my dealer said i have to bring the tire to the manufacturer distribution center to ask for a discount (when i called Pirelli they said its up to the dealer), and i have no time for that bs, wherever the hell it is, ....i need my car back asap

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
4 Participants
TRiPLE 6
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing