Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As promised finally getting around to posting pics of the gauge. VEI gauge, ATI ePod, and a black leather thing from Hobby Lobby that I sewed (yah yah yah) to hide the wires.

In my opinion it works very well, the ePod is adjustable and has a key so you can change the angle on it - many times better than a 10 dollar plastic pod that it usually gets compared to.

The VEI gauge works great, it has a setting that you can reset the gauge to ambient pressure (it was off when I got it since I live in Denver) and it has an autodim feature when you turn on the lights.

I think it looks almost stock, does not have any sort of 'ricey-ness' to it, and functions to match the looks. I would strongly recommend the gauge and the ePod to all members

CLICK FOR LARGER PICS

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
But still... an ugly pod in the middle of everything.. blocking first half of your guages... Granted you don't need to see past red-line... But I find myself going 35-45 quite a bit in town... so seeing that is... a bonus.... Don't see where the "looks stock" comes into play. Doesn't look stock at all... but does look good compared to a lot of other center mounded guages i've seen.. probably the best center mounted so far...

If you really want a guage... I guess there aren't many options for the speed6... So we take what we can get.... Someone had a thread about replacing the left window defroster vent with a partial vent / pod thingy... good idea... hope someone takes it farther than just photoshop..

Anyway, I love to see modded speed's... I just don't like this =( Sorry dude... But hey! What do i know =)

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I guess by 'looking like stock' I mean looking as stock as it could be for spending 135 bucks without doing custom work.

As far as blocking the gauges when you are actually driving it does not block anything at all, the angles of some of the pictures make it look liket that.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Why didn't you run the wires through the steering column? That would be more of a stock look.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I think it looks pretty good. Nice job.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Similar to what I did, only I offset it to the left, just short of hitting the turn signal lever when making a right turn. I don't give a crap if it looks stock, and I too wanted to be able to return it to stock also. Looks nice with the wires wrapped up and hidden, I might see if I can do something similar. Like he said, when driving, the placement doesn't affect view of the gauges at all, it's just the way he photographed it.

Unless of course, you drive with the seat leaned back all dorky-gangsta-style, in which case you have no place driving a Speed anyway.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Still not hapy with it...

I want a way to hide the wires, which really cant happen with that pod. I dont want my gauge to look like an afterthought. Hech I wont even get an autodim miror because it has a wire loom leading to it..

·
Registered
778 Posts
Same boat here. No wires, clean install. However I'm pretty happy with my lotek and get tons of compliments.

·
Registered
851 Posts
i'm happy with my carbon fiber gauge cup, sits much lower and was a lot cheaper

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
i'm happy with my carbon fiber gauge cup, sits much lower and was a lot cheaper
[/b]
Any pics of what it looks like with installed in the carbon fiber cup, and any tips/hints on how you installed it? I'd want something lower and less obtrusize than the ePod mount shown in these pics.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts