Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be swapping out the tranny fluid in my 75K mile '06i here soon and I was wondering if any of you had suggestions as to what you normally used for the pan gasket. Is there a rubber/cork/fiber factory gasket or do you suggest RTV? Also, is the transmission filter available at local parts stores or only at the dealer? I've not decided on Mobile 1 ATF, Redline D4, or Amsoil ATF yet, but I'm obviously going the synthetic route. It'll depend on what's cheapest locally.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
You can get the filter at any parts store, it does use a rubber gasket. You can use a thin bead of RTV to help keep the gasket from moving out of place. A 10mm ratchet wrench will come in handy as there are a few bolts that are in a tight spot between the subframe and the tranny.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
I'll be swapping out the tranny fluid in my 75K mile '06i here soon and I was wondering if any of you had suggestions as to what you normally used for the pan gasket. Is there a rubber/cork/fiber factory gasket or do you suggest RTV? Also, is the transmission filter available at local parts stores or only at the dealer? I've not decided on Mobile 1 ATF, Redline D4, or Amsoil ATF yet, but I'm obviously going the synthetic route. It'll depend on what's cheapest locally.
Filter: RockAuto Auto Parts (check the board sponsor area - they may have a discount code listed)

Fluid:
Check their prices - was very good when I bought mine.

·
Registered
21 Posts
sorry to bump an old thread but my transmission pan gasket is leaking and I need a flush+ filter changed. I looked it up but it says I have to disconnect the drivelines to even drop the pan... Is that really necessary? Any input?

·
Registered
21 Posts
sorry to bump an old thread but my transmission pan gasket is leaking and I need a flush+ filter changed. I looked it up but it says I have to disconnect the drivelines to even drop the pan... Is that really necessary? Any input?
Bump, driving x-country in a few weeks and need to know

1 - 6 of 6 Posts