Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight I heard some not-nice sounds from the rear end. I feared my diff was dying.

But it did sound rather like some sort of motor.. something electrical.. and I had just filled up halfway with gas, from empty. AND, while I was filling up, I was only at halfway, but for some reason, the gas nozzle was doing the auto-shutoff thing like when you're overfilling. (Pressure maybe)

All this to say... does the evap canister/system make any sort of noises or something? Any moving parts involved?

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
The manual says that noises from the gas tank are particularly common with the MS6 as there is some sort of electrical/mechanical monitoring that goes on back there, even when the car is turned off.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The manual says that noises from the gas tank are particularly common with the MS6 as there is some sort of electrical/mechanical monitoring that goes on back there, even when the car is turned off.
[/b]
Solid, thanks. I'll take her out for a spin later to see if the problem is still there ;)

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
It's not a problem. Expect that noise to be there randomly for as long as you own the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts