Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holy crap, I just looked out the window and saw for regular gas in langley is 121.6c/liter

That is CRAZY!!!!!

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
It's been like 122.X here in Vancouver for at least a week now. :(

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya, I live just outside the GVRD and I usually pay about 10cents less

·
Registered
721 Posts
my last fill-up costed me $70!!!....

i'm glad to have i4 instead of v6.. :p

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my last fill-up costed me $70!!!....

i'm glad to have i4 instead of v6.. :p
[/b]
It cost me about the same with a V6 and I get about 500km per tank
(I've also been driving it pretty hard)

·
Registered
599 Posts
It always strikes me as odd oh much differance there is from province to province. Its .98 to 1.05 ish in Calgary... why would it be 1.20 elsewhere... makes no sence to me.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
high demand and the lack of oil drives up the prices. add to the fact the gas companies jacks up the prices along with gas tax we the drivers get butt raped.

veneuzela (spelling?) down south i heard charges like 20 cents a litre recently i think. they don't like the US so they don't export their gas to them.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
veneuzela (spelling?) down south i heard charges like 20 cents a litre recently i think. they don't like the US so they don't export their gas to them.[/b]
Quite wrong. Venezuela is the US' #3 supplier behind Mexico and Canada. Without Venezuela the US would be quite screwed, and they know it.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
It always strikes me as odd oh much differance there is from province to province. Its .98 to 1.05 ish in Calgary... why would it be 1.20 elsewhere... makes no sence to me.
[/b]
It's because we pay more in gas taxes... if anyone lives near Tsawwassen, Point Roberts has gas for 99 cents canadian. I fill up when I go down there to check my US mailbox :)

·
Registered
721 Posts
It cost me about the same with a V6 and I get about 500km per tank
(I've also been driving it pretty hard)
[/b]
that's the difference... I get 650-700km per tank.. :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Gas price is sky high. I don't understand why our government charging us so much tax on gas when they rated automobile is a necessity to our daily life!!! What could we done to save gas beside drive slow? It's killing me when I drive slow and got overtake by those Civics!!!!

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
hahha

i'm sorry guys. i've been in japan for two weeks now and the gas prices here are just extraordinary compared to that.

of course, everything is closer together in tokyo, so people actually use less gas getting around.

but yeah, 122 is just gay.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
[/b]
last trip i got 592KM on my tank v6 mtx driving conservatively, but i had to get rid of my jack rabbit starts.

if i got 650 km. that's about $7 difference at $1.20 per liter or $35 per month.

i'll just skip going out for dinner once per month to make up for the difference and eat instant noodles to save $35, yet keep my v6 :nana:

but yes, gas prices are crazy. its hard to believe that someday we'll be paying almost $70 just to fill. no matter how fuel efficient a car is ( unless its hybrid ), it will hurt especially for people who drive alot. sigh.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Yeah, I drive so damn conservative now. Get these idiots tailgating me and stuff all the time. It's annoying, but I'm not gonna speed up and waste more gas cause some jerk wants to run me off the road...oh and I'm talking about when I'm on one lane streets. But when I drove conservatively, I knocked off like 2 L/100KM on my mileage.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm half way through my tank with 365km, I just hope I can keep my foot off the pedal and maybe get 730km out of this tank.
here's to wishfull thinking

·
Registered
110 Posts
No kidding (what ^ he said)... I heard that in Ontario they got their own gas war going on like we had a few years ago when Arco came up here, and Ontarionians (?) are paying aroudn 80-90 cents/L....that's truly gay

·
Registered
358 Posts
[/b]
I veryfy this fact in my I-4 too. :nana:

In ottawa, for the past few weeks gas in the mornings is around $1. but then progressively through the day it goes down. I go out around 9or 10 pm and have got it for as low as 85cents. I do fear though that we will soon see the same discusting price you are currently paying

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
i got like 380km once with half a tank left thinking woo hoo awesome gas mileage. then the gas meter drop like hell during the last half of the tank :(

i was filling up at esso couple days ago and notice the sign on the gas pump. Federal gas tax is 7 cents per litre and Provincial gas tax is 14.5 cents per litre if i remember correctly.

stupid taxes.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i got like 380km once with half a tank left thinking woo hoo awesome gas mileage. then the gas meter drop like hell during the last half of the tank :(

i was filling up at esso couple days ago and notice the sign on the gas pump. Federal gas tax is 7 cents per litre and Provincial gas tax is 14.5 cents per litre if i remember correctly.

stupid taxes. [/b]
I'm pretty sure the same thing will happen to me, the first half of the tank is from driving to Victoria and being late for the ferry, the rest will be in town driving. I'm pretty sure I won't get it but oh well, I still love my V6.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
12 Participants
Ichi
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing