Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what are you all paying for gas? Yesterday I saw $2.97 for 93 grade.. However what blows my mind is that at 11 am regular was $2.69 then at 3:30 it was $2.71 then this morning it was $2.76. WTF how can they keep changing like this.... I am gonna go broke soon paying for gas... Not to mention I heard close to 4 dollars???? WTF

Sorry had to vent how bout gas for the rest of you????

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
$2.659 for 87 here in OKC - and rising! That's a 66 cent increase since early February.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
hit my personal record yesterday to fill her up (at $2.77 for 87): $39 and change.

hope exxon's retiring ceo enjoys his $400mill retirement package . :swearin:

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wish I could retire like that...... now that oil barrels are 70 bux a piece it sux the life outta you.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
The cheapest ive seen so far here in the Detroit metro area is $2.79, and im sure when I step out of the house today it will have floated up ever-so-slightly more.

·
Registered
978 Posts
it just bites that they raise prices when the gas they have already bought cost them less when they bought it. besides, i would think that the oil at the refineries has also already been paid for so the increase in a barrel of oil should not immediately cause the price from them to go up. but i geuss that's why the ceo of exxon got his 500 million bonus when he retired (that amounts to an extra $120,000 per day he worked for the company)!!!

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
i saw 2.98 for regular today on my way to work...i almost hit another car i was staring so hard

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
So what are you all paying for gas? Yesterday I saw $2.97 for 93 grade.. However what blows my mind is that at 11 am regular was $2.69 then at 3:30 it was $2.71 then this morning it was $2.76. WTF how can they keep changing like this.... I am gonna go broke soon paying for gas... Not to mention I heard close to 4 dollars???? WTF

Sorry had to vent how bout gas for the rest of you????
[/b]
Supply and demand.

Demand in China and India is skyrocketing, and that drives up the price. If you want to lower gas prices, nuke China.

Gas prices can't go much higher because crude oil prices are approaching that of oil made from corn or other renewable resources. However, expect them to continue to rise until that infrastructure grows.

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Paranoia. People are adding a large risk premium to the price of crude oil based on events that have never happened, and that have a very small chance of happening.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Market manipulation by speculators and oil companies.

But mostly speculators.

You could call them war profiteers.

·
Registered
88 Posts
$6.41 a US gallon for "standard" fuel over here (about 89 US octane), more like $7 a gallon for anything better or for diesel.
[/b]
Ouch. Thats insane.. :p

In Vegas, we rollin in around 2.70 for most pumps at regular.. :\ Sad times for poor people ;p

·
Registered
41 Posts
I get a nice price variety since I commute through 3 states for work (just a temporary thing, thank god). PA is about $2.70, NJ is about $2.60 (with the NJ-imposed "bonus" of full service), and some parts of NY are over $3. Some places in Suffolk County have regular for as much as $3.10. I dodged it narrowly by filling up at a Hess there for $2.97 a gallon. Maybe I should be moving to NJ sted NY!

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Just this morning the station I normally fill at was posted at $2.739. Last night it was at $2.699.

I expect it will go up before I go home.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I saw it for 2.89 yesterday for 87 octane I am sure it flew up over night

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
we are up to 3.00 this morning!!!! This sux

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
About this Discussion
56 Replies
30 Participants
HawaiianEagle
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing