Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well boys and girls, I know there are enough gamers here. I don't do much gaming (anymore) but I know how hard it can be to find a dedicated game server with pretty good bandwidth.

I have a 15 mbit / (down) / 2 mbit (up) line available to me and a few boxes lying around which aren't used. (~1900KBytes Downstream / ~256KBytes Upstream)

Specs of each box:

Box 1: 800 mghz P3, 128 mb ram
Box 2: 1 ghz Celeron, 256 mb ram
Box 3: 2.8 ghz P4 HT, 1 gb ram
Box 4: 3.0 ghz P4 HT, 512 mb ram
Box 5 (building): 3.0 ghz Dual Core Pentium, 2 gb ram

So basically I do have the necessary bandwidth and boxes to run even 32 player games pretty smoothly. If anyone is interested let me know, this obviously won't be free of charge...but I'm also not planning to charge up the arse. Prices haven't really been set...its kinda what you're willing to pay.

Let me know if you're interested

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You got FIOS don't you?
[/b]
Nope, most people running FIOS don't have consistant bandwidth. I have a spare cable line, doing absolutely nothing -- its had absolutely no downtime in the past 6 months and the bandwidth has been +/- 5% of the stated numbers above. The line really isn't shared since there's almost no population. You can feel free to experiment with it free of charge to see how smooth things run.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm going to use this to host a UT2004 server for my friend, but its still available if anyone is interested!

·
Registered
405 Posts
can u pm me a quote for box 5... running bf2 and Americas Army.

i run a gaming site and used to have several game servers... looking to host games again. I used to have a super xeon from servermatrix.com and i was running a 64 player desert combat server very smoothly, also SOF2 and an AA server. Obviously bf2 is a brute but #5 should handle a 24 player AA serv and a 32 player bf2 no problem... and definetely a 64 player bf2 by itself. Not sure tho if that will hog all your bw lol

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
can u pm me a quote for box 5... running bf2 and Americas Army.

i run a gaming site and used to have several game servers... looking to host games again. I used to have a super xeon from servermatrix.com and i was running a 64 player desert combat server very smoothly, also SOF2 and an AA server. Obviously bf2 is a brute but #5 should handle a 24 player AA serv and a 32 player bf2 no problem... and definetely a 64 player bf2 by itself. Not sure tho if that will hog all your bw lol
[/b]
I'll IM you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
lapis_blue_beast
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing