Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I am going to get the new G-tech-pro modle. Has any one used the first one to tune their cars?? The new one looks sweet. It has a cool blue back light and has about 20 measurements. Let me konw if you think this is a good tuning tool.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Replying to Topic 'G-TECH-PRO'

Originally posted by DIRT RACER

I think I am going to get the new G-tech-pro modle.  Has any one used the first one to tune their cars??  The new one looks sweet.  It has a cool blue back light and has about 20 measurements.  Let me konw if you think this is a good tuning tool.[/b]
The G-tech doesn't actually tune of course, it just measures (estimates.) I've heard its fairly accurate but very consistent. Meaning if you do something to your car like exhaust, you can see how you 1/4 mile time improved because of it. But it doesn't necessarily mean that is exactly your 1/4 miles time, the track is the best measurement for that. People like it because it should show improvement between each mod you do.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Reading Topic: G-TECH-PRO

I got one and used it a bit, but it's just too crowded where I live (DC suburbs) to really use it. You need a nice long stretch of open road with no traffic, and you always have to use the same stretch of road in both directions (accounting for any wind or mild bumps/hills) to get the most accurate results. The only wide open roadways around here are heavily patrolled at night by cops because that's where all the ricers race :-(

It's a nice little toy, but still no replacement for an actual dragstrip or a dyno. If you live in a rural area with lots of long/flat/empty roads then it'd be pretty useful.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts