Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
IIRC, the taillights are going to run you around $400. much too expensive for my blood. you can go aftermarket for much cheaper. they are usually around the $200 range.
[/b]
If its anything like Autoenginuity's Speed Racer software, not very accurate at all. The timing of 0-60 and quarter mile seem to be accurate (Just uses the speedometer to start the timing), but the Horsepower ratings even with the proper gear ratios seem to be way off. Its reading that I have 240hp, no way in hell, it might be good to judge the comparison in power between mods, but definatley not to use to post your real horsepower. Just my opinion though, there might be people that swear by these gadgets.

·
Registered
922 Posts
search works... i know there's atleast one big thread that talks about everything GTECH.

for FWD cars or RWD cars they are most accurate... the AWD launch throws it off a bit due to the sverity of the launch.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
If its anything like Autoenginuity's Speed Racer software, not very accurate at all. The timing of 0-60 and quarter mile seem to be accurate (Just uses the speedometer to start the timing), but the Horsepower ratings even with the proper gear ratios seem to be way off. Its reading that I have 240hp, no way in hell, it might be good to judge the comparison in power between mods, but definatley not to use to post your real horsepower. Just my opinion though, there might be people that swear by these gadgets.
[/b]
I'm pretty sure that the Speed Tracer software is doing SAE engine horsepower. If so, 240hp is right about what you should be at.

But you're right, any of these things are only good for comparing one of your runs to another one of your runs. They're consistent, but not very accurate.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
There was an article comparing the times of these electronic devices (not the autoengenuity software stuff) to actual track runs. I wish I had the link, none of them were 100% accurate, but some were damn close.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
ShaDrag
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing