Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my car in on Saturday for a number of things, mainly for the vibration under acceleration. It turned out to be a defective mount on the rear differential. The other thing was my sirius radio. Kept saying loading and aquiring and would only work 10% of the time. They said they just received an email from Mazda warning about this. They don't have a fix yet (mazda and sirius are talking). Possible fix is replacing the HU. Just thought I'd throw that out for you guys.

Dave

·
Registered
875 Posts
Took my car in on Saturday for a number of things, mainly for the viberation under acceleration. It turned out to be a defective mount on the rear differential. The other thing was my sirius radio. Kept saying loading and aquiring and would only work 10% of the time. They said they just received an email from Mazda warning about this. They don't have a fix yet (mazda and sirius are talking). Possible fix is replacing the HU. Just thought I'd throw that out for you guys.

Dave
[/b]
Interesting...can you explain the vibration under accel in detail?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey bro... yea, its easily mistaken from a tire balance problem. I was feeling it in the steering wheel. Sometimes I would be at around 70mph and put it in neutral and would't get it. Other times I would. The one constant though, was when I hit the gas in higher gears when the rpm's were low. What's kinda weird though, and was the reason I thought tire balancing, is that the right front outside of the tire feels like it's starting to cup... very slightly. Anyways, who knows, could be both things. There's also a slight (very slight) pull to the left. They will have the car til Thursday. Once they fix the vibration issue, they will align it and balance the tires. It kinda sounded like it may be something else cause the manager said that he was mainly worried about this and blew off the sirius thing. I'll keep you posted.

Dave

Interesting...can you explain the vibration under accel in detail?
[/b]

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ugh... looks alike another day driving the loaner minivan. They said the car will be ready tomorrow. "Bigger job than anticipated". Said they have to remove the differential in order to replace the mount. Hope they do a good job.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Ugh... looks alike another day driving the loaner minivan. They said the car will be ready tomorrow. "Bigger job than anticipated". Said they have to remove the differential in order to replace the mount. Hope they do a good job.
[/b]
Cool...hope it comes back good :)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Took my car in on Saturday for a number of things, mainly for the vibration under acceleration. It turned out to be a defective mount on the rear differential. The other thing was my sirius radio. Kept saying loading and aquiring and would only work 10% of the time. They said they just received an email from Mazda warning about this. They don't have a fix yet (mazda and sirius are talking). Possible fix is replacing the HU. Just thought I'd throw that out for you guys.

Dave
[/b]
I received the following from Sirius just yesterday:
========================================================
Dear SIRIUS Satellite Radio Subscriber:

It has come to our attention that some subscribers have experienced interruption of service during our latest channel update. The interruptions occurred after a system-wide upgrade that we downloaded to all SIRIUS receivers last week, including a revised channel line-up. And while it affected only a small number of receivers, we know that this offers little comfort if one of them is yours.

We are very sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. Please know that we are working with our automotive and electronics manufacturing partners to resolve the problem as quickly as possible and get back to delivering you the more than 130 channels of music, sports, talk and entertainment that you've come to expect and enjoy.

Again, we apologize for this inconvenience and ask for your patience as we repair the problem. We will continue to keep you informed as we learn more and will update you no later than the end of the week. Thank you for subscribing to SIRIUS. The Best Radio On Radio.

Sincerely,

Michael Moore
VP/Customer Service

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Lol, I'm sure its a different Michael Moore ;)

The vibration is common now. I hope Mazda has a TSB for that ASAP. Someone stated in another thread Mazda is building a newer, stronger mount. Which is why I still haven't taken mine in. Several have broken their mounts more than once.

The mount bracket breaks, causing a broken driver side CV axle joint and in some cases needs replacing of the LSD bolts.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Day 4 update:

Wtf... I just called to get the status. Turns out it is not the mount. They have another MS6 on the lift next to mine comparing. Geez... now I'm starting to be afraid. Basically they don't yet know what it is. Definitely not the balance or alignment.

Yea, I got that sirius letter too.

·
Registered
875 Posts
So we have a list of TSB's for the MS6 anywere?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
omg... the guy just called back and asked if I filled the car up with anything less than 93 octane. F... no I said! I have all the receipts since I got the car. Apparently they put it on the machine and it was showing a misfire and possible cause, lower octane. That does not feel like a misfire.

stay tuned!

Day 4 update:
Wtf... I just called to get the status. Turns out it is not the mount. They have another MS6 on the lift next to mine comparing. Geez... now I'm starting to be afraid. Basically they don't yet know what it is. Definitely not the balance or alignment.
Yea, I got that sirius letter too.
[/b]

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow...

Just called them to get an update. Basically he is telling me that they cannot find the problem and that it "seems to be a characteristic" of the car. They drove another ms6 on the lot, and it does the same thing. He said I am welcome to drive another one so I can see that they all do it. Oh... and the sirius satellite seems to be working. Wtf?

I am not going to take that as a fix. Gonna get a second opinion. That is all bullshit. Oh... I asked him if they even tried to balance the tires. He said, that is what he was going to do now, and align it.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Wow...
Just called them to get an update. Basically he is telling me that they cannot find the problem and that it "seems to be a characteristic" of the car. They drove another ms6 on the lot, and it does the same thing. He said I am welcome to drive another one so I can see that they all do it. Oh... and the sirius satellite seems to be working. Wtf?
I am not going to take that as a fix. Gonna get a second opinion. That is all bullshit. Oh... I asked him if they even tried to balance the tires. He said, that is what he was going to do now, and align it.
[/b]
That's not a good answer.

I'd ask to drive 5 of them and see if they all do it.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
Wow...
[/b]
Sirius problems as of late are due to a recent software upgrade/channel change. If you have your Sirius account linked to a good e-mail account you probably recently received an e-mail from Sirius confirming this as a problem. Perhaps it is now resolved. My MS6 Sirius radio did not experience this issue however.

·
Registered
97 Posts
My rear differential and bracket are being replaced because the bracket actually broke on my car. I havne't had my car for 2 weeks and counting because the bracket is on backorder (or maybe it is being re-engineered?) I've also had the sirius problem a couple times... This car sure has it's share of problems... I've also had the powerloss issue (now reflashed and hopefully fixed, but since my car has been in the shop for 3 of the last 4 weeks i wouldn't really know.... :irate:

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I picked up the car. According to the service sheet, the only thing they did was balance the tires and redo the alignment. Said they pulled stuff apart to replace the mount, when they thought it was the mount, and put it back together. Also said the Sirius thing was something that Sirius knew about and were working on it.

All that said... seems like the vibration is gone, and sirius works. Whatever...

They also said the fogging (milky) in the headlight was normal. Guess I will drive it some more, and see if I still have problems. If I do, I will take it somewhere else.

·
Registered
176 Posts
My MS6 Sirius radio did not experience this issue however.
[/b]
+1 :drive:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Sirius problems as of late are due to a recent software upgrade/channel change. If you have your Sirius account linked to a good e-mail account you probably recently received an e-mail from Sirius confirming this as a problem. Perhaps it is now resolved. My MS6 Sirius radio did not experience this issue however.
[/b]
Latest from Sirius.....

Dear SIRIUS Satellite Radio Subscriber:

Thank you for your continued patience as we work with Mazda to correct
the problem that has interrupted service to some SIRIUS subscribers.

We have determined that the problem is not related to the SIRIUS
broadcast system; however, Mazda and SIRIUS technical experts have
isolated the issue, which is related to select radios on the following
vehicles:

Mazda 3
Mazda 5
MX-5
CX-7

We have identified a solution, which we expect to implement no later
than next week, that should allow you to resume your Sirius service.

Once more, we apologize for this inconvenience, and we will update you
again early next week. Ensuring affected customers are satisfied will
remain our top priority.

Sincerely,

Michael Moore
VP/Customer Service

1 - 20 of 22 Posts