Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is what the forthcoming MX-5 is supposed to look like. It's said to be a manufacturer's photo. It's funny that this MX-5 has the exact headlights like the M6 and the new Mazda3. Take some elements of a new car, toss them around with something old and voila...you got a brandnew car. I just can't believe that it's that simple. I bet someone is trying to set us up. ;)

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Reading Topic: Future MX-5 in 2004

Actualy, if you read the article it says end of 2004. So that would be 2005. The photo (photochop) may show styling hints, but the last I read from bwob the final NC design had not been chosen yet and that none of the "spy" shots were anything close the the designs that were in the running. But they are said to give the designers a good laugh when they see them.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

Even if it's a fake, I don't like cars without real grill openings....

Looks good otherwise.

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I didn't believe it either, that's why I said that someone's trying to set us up on this.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

Exactly the reply I expected

-------------------------------------------------------------

Unless you consider the threadbare phrase "not even close" to be witty, disappointment may reign supreme.

It's fortuitous that Mazda's designers have sufficient imagination and skill that they need not rely on Adobe Photoshop and bits from press photos for design proposals.

Sorry to hose this one off for people who liked it. Of course you could always buy an S2000 and shop for some Mazda 6 lighting bits...

bwob

·
Registered
1,180 Posts

BTW: the Dutch MX-5 Club are involved with the concept of the new MX-5. Because they are the largest Club in Holland. If they had the choice, they won't change to much about the MX-5

·
Registered
254 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Future MX-5 in 2004'

Whoever has done that Photoshop work has done a good job. Maybe for a MX-6 Coupe/Convertible design, but i think it'd be too large for an MX-5. Interesting though.

Adam

1 - 12 of 12 Posts