Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just joined up. I currently have a 04 Nissan Sentra Spec-V with I/E/H. Its not a bad car, but I would like to get something with more potential down the road. It looks like I'll be looking at getting a new car in about a year. I originally wanted an evo or sti, but even if school goes ok this year and I get my better paying job as a LPN next summer, I'll probly only be able to afford a car in the mid to upper 20's at most. I'm currently considering the Legacy GT, WRX, Mazdaspeed6, Charger R/T, Mustang GT, or possibly the new Camaro. I would rather get awd, since I live in snowy NW Ohio, but may go rwd if traction control is offered. Right now I'm leaning towards the WRX or MS6. Mazda seems to offer better discounts, but it is a bigger car than I'm used to. Any comments?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aren't the WRX and MS6 almost identical in 0-60 and 1/4 mile? The MS6 does have a better top end though. The WRX also has available that Cobb tuning software with intake and exhaust, gives it around 285hp. But, if you were to get the limited package (like I would want), it would be around 29k and about 1.5 for the tuning. That would make it pretty expensive, but people are paying a couple grand less than that. Anyway, I almost forgot about the 350z, responds good to bolt-ons and with a turbo puts out around 400hp, but is getting dated. That MS3 looks interesting too, too bad its front wheel drive, but it is cheaper, better gas mileage, lighter. I'll have to check it out also. I don't know at my age (mid 30's), the MS6 or Legacy GT are probly the best choices for power, luxury and practability, even though I do most of my driving alone, but that will probly change by next summer...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts