Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if it's the same with the European 6's, but I was wondering, does anyone have any problems with the fuse box over not fitting snuggly in it's place? I got into my car one morning and I found the thing sitting on the floor. I'm conscious not to kick it or drag my foot across it, but is anyone else having a problem with it coming off? I think I may call the dealership and see what they can do to replace it. It's gonna be a pain in the butt.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Reading Topic: Fuse panel cover in the US verions

Actually, when I got my car, my fuse box cover was in the armrest compartment. It took me a day to realize this.

It fit fine though, and hasn't come off.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

Have you had drastic temperature changes, or extreme temperature? The weather may have expanded or contracted some of the materials...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Fuse panel cover in the US verions'

I've got a new one on order. I constantly found it off. Upon closer inspection I noticed the two tabs had broken. Oh well.

kev

·
Registered
514 Posts

I've noticed this in a few test drives... looks like the retaining clips could use some work.

Hey halfadozen, I asked a question about the door protector strips these cars have in another thread... now I was browsing through the pics you posted a while ago (but removed... I saved them) of your car running down the assembly line and noticed that until a very late stage in assembly, your car did not have these mouldings installed. Do you know if there's any way to order a '6 and specifically omit these mouldings so they're never installed?

thanks,
-Alt

·
Registered
146 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Fuse panel cover in the US verions'

Originally posted by Altersys

I've noticed this in a few test drives... looks like the retaining clips could use some work.

Hey halfadozen, I asked a question about the door protector strips these cars have in another thread... now I was browsing through the pics you posted a while ago (but removed... I saved them) of your car running down the assembly line and noticed that until a very late stage in assembly, your car did not have these mouldings installed.  Do you know if there's any way to order a '6 and specifically omit these mouldings so they're never installed?

thanks,
-Alt[/b]
They are added on at the "port" of departure; it is across the road at what the workers call "Mana" from which all the cars made in the factory are transported. I *highly* doubt you can order the car without them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts