Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I walked outside earlier to check bulbs on my car and noticed how bright the moon is tonight. Got me thinking, I CAN'T see the man in the moon. He's just not there. Being born in Hong Kong I grew up w/ the Rabbit in the moon and that's the only thing I can see. Do any other cultures see something different? Or do most of you see the manin in the moon?

·
Registered
31 Posts
We definately see the man in the moon. I have always seen it since I was a little girl. I used to go with my grandparents for drives down to the beach and on the way home my grandma would ask me "Where's the man on the moon" I'd always tell her "Right there Nana!" Pointing straight up.

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
People always asks me "who has that great big huge signature that needs ot be scaled down to 300x100 or less?" My reply is always the same: DeesM6i

As for the man in the moon, I see him two, don't see a rabbit though, care to describe it?

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
I was born in HK too and I still remember that my mom told me there's a beautiful woman on the moon but I forgot about her name. Actually, there's a story behind the man and the woman, well it's just a myth though...

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I don't see anything in the moon when I look at it.

Never have and even after looking that the pics posted here, I still don't see anything in the unaltered pics.

My mind might be too analytical.

Although, I do see a woman's face in that tortilla!

:)

·
Registered
31 Posts
People always asks me "who has that great big huge signature that needs ot be scaled down to 300x100 or less?" My reply is always the same: DeesM6i[/b]
Sowwy.... I fixed it. I'll have to take more pics... someday.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Got one of those but not the filters. I sure enjoy using it though. In Austin, I used to view a really nice binary star (blue/red) that looked great through the scope.

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Got one of those but not the filters. I sure enjoy using it though. In Austin, I used to view a really nice binary star (blue/red) that looked great through the scope.
[/b]
I used to wear a pair of polarized Oakleys when viewing the full moon. :laugh:

Mine is only an ETX-90 with Autostar. I try not to rely on Autostar, but it has that "wow" factor for impressing people. Not shown is my laptop with red cellophane wrap on the screen. Hurrah for WiFi!

You must have been viewing one of my favorites, Albireo (beta Cygni). Easy to find for beginners, yet even veterans can appreciated the contrast and beauty.

Not mine, and the pictures don't do it justice:

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Yup, I've got the ETX-90 with Autostar too. Autostar really comes in handy when you want to sit back with a few beers and let the scope track. :D
Yes, Albireo! It's a very nice binary. Nice shot of it, btw.
It was always nice to see some of the rings of Saturn and the spot on Jupiter. On a clear night, they were awesome.
I always wanted to get rubber cushions for the tripod legs though. Do you have them? I figure they would really help with the shakes.

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Beer and astronomy. LOL.

I love plopping on the 2x Barlow lens. It's amazing how you can resolve Jupiter and its major moons.

No, I don't have rubber bottoms on the tripod. It's not so bad when I'm on the grass. On concrete on the other hand, the best impromptu solution that I found thus far is putting the tripod legs into my old basketball sneakers. LOL :lol: It just ain't astronomy if you ain't improvising something.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Wow....I thought I was a nerd! :laugh: Only joking, but when I see something like "I love plopping on the 2x Barlow lens. It's amazing how you can resolve Jupiter and its major moons." I have to make that comment.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
11 Participants
6Venom
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing