Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my Fujita CAI from GB installed without any major problems. Didn't encounter the kinked hose issue that others mentiond so I was able to use the breather hose that Fujita provided. From beginning to end, about an hour (but I already removed the resonator).

The gains are not mindblowing but noticeable nonetheless especially above 5500 rpm. Seems like the engine continues to pull to redline now; whereas, before it seemed to give up completely by the time it reached 6krpm.

Now, the sound I'm not sure about. I knew I would be able to hear the BOV and it would be louder but there's two distinct sounds. I'm getting the expected psshht when I shift which is similar to the video clips that have been posted previously.

The 2nd sound is the odd one which I didn't expect. It sounds like the vacuum cleaner that others have described however it happens at partial throttle. At WOT, I only hear the quick pssht. Imagine the quick pssht being drawn out over many seconds.

Is this normal? Could there be something wrong with by stock BOV?

·
Registered
577 Posts
thats the turbo sucking in air. lean into the throttle and once boost develops you hear the intake become louder. i thnk it sounds f'n cool.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
thats the turbo sucking in air. lean into the throttle and once boost develops you hear the intake become louder. i thnk it sounds f'n cool.
[/b]

ok, any one who has the fujita intake sucks. LOL. i want mine soo bad, i have to wait for christmas though, haha. i want to hear my turbo.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I love the sound of a turbo. An Evo passed me a few weeks ago and I could hear his turbo. I thought to myself "I want that sound!"

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[/b]
What's weird though, is that I don't hear it when I'm accelerating hard (WOT)...only at partial throttle. Maybe the boost builds so quickly at WOT that I don't notice.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
When i first got my Fujita it was loud as hell. Especially when snapping the throttle closed, now it seeems as if I can barely hear it.

I don't know what's going on? Maybe I jsut got used to it, or my BOV is leaking, or filter could be badly clogged?

·
Registered
102 Posts
You may want to check your filter and see if it has slid up on the pipe.

I heard if its on too loose the venturi cone thing on the inside of the filter can block the opening of the intake pipe. Just a thought.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You may want to check your filter and see if it has slid up on the pipe.

I heard if its on too loose the venturi cone thing on the inside of the filter can block the opening of the intake pipe. Just a thought.
[/b]
I checked it last night but I'll take another look just to make sure it all went together right.

After driving it some more today, I do notice it happens under hard acceleration but it happens so quick it's hardly noticeable. But under easy acceleration, it lasts for longer and that's why I picked up on it.

The good news is that that power gains make it worthwhile and I'm getting used to the sound. Definitely glad I got it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts