Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 mazda 6 2.3L 4-cylinder and I have changed my fuel pump but I'm still having a couple issues. Major issue is when I take just about any turn after my fuel tank is around a half tank or less, it feels like for a brief few moments that I'm getting absolutely no fuel and it wants to take a moment to accelerate. Then if I fill my tank completely up, I will lose a good portion of the fuel from underneath my car. It's enough to see a fuel leak mark when I pull away. What's wrong? Please help me.

·
Rally Racer
2004 Mazda 6s Wagon ATX
4,097 Posts
I have a 2008 mazda 6 2.3L 4-cylinder and I have changed my fuel pump but I'm still having a couple issues. Major issue is when I take just about any turn after my fuel tank is around a half tank or less, it feels like for a brief few moments that I'm getting absolutely no fuel and it wants to take a moment to accelerate. Then if I fill my tank completely up, I will lose a good portion of the fuel from underneath my car. It's enough to see a fuel leak mark when I pull away. What's wrong? Please help me.
You have a leak. There is a significant hole or cut in the line or tank. My guess would be someone cut to siphon, an animal chewed or rubbing/rotting.
If you can see a trail when you pull away the hole should be glaring if you get underneath with a light and look.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts