Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.

I was just curious where our fuel filter is located. Also, in your experiences, is it ok to follow the manuafactures replacement interval on fuel filters or do have a certain milage "rule of thumb" that you use? Im just over 15,000 and thought Id change it at 20,000. Does that sound reasonable or ...?

Thanks,
aaragon

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
the fuel filter is located inside the gas tank. there have been a few write ups on this in the past. i have not tackled the task of replacing the filter, but to replace it you must drop the tank, or access the pump/filter through the door under the rear-seat bottom. i think there's a write up on adding an aftermarket fuel pump that describes the proess in detail.

here's Whoosh's post that i was referencing.

·
Registered
959 Posts
An in tank fuel filter basicly should not ever need to be changed, and certainly not after 20k miles. Maybe at 100k or if you fill your tank up with diesel. Older cars had steel fuel lines and tanks so the fuel filter was placed near the engine to filter out all the rust.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.