Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone else has done this. I think it looks good. its just powder coated for now, but when my car goes to the body shop for some dents im gonna get the door clearcoated so its as shiny as the rest of the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
814 Posts
I like it, its a nice twist on something I am not normally a fan of. The color makes it easier to swallow. Nice job.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was crome to begin with, but it just stuck out too much. Like an outta place polkadot. I thought about doing the bolts aswell, but i figured it would be eaiser to do them afterwards if i didnt like. Ill be keeping them as is now.

·
Registered
313 Posts
im not a fan of those chrome doors or even the CF ones but when its paintmatched like that, damn it looks good. the far away shot makes you take a second look because you haven't painted the screws. which i would say it looks good without them being painted.

hmmm....maybe i should get chrome fuel doors and get them painted. haha.

looks good.
-les

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dan Solo, wow, no mistaking your car for a TL. lol I like it.
SOrange, thanks for the thumbs up.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
wow, that looks fantastic to be completely honest.
i hate the chrome fuel doors. I have the satin and i think i tlooks much better. some people can pull of the chrome, but thats not me.
what did you paint it with???

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wow, that looks fantastic to be completely honest.
i hate the chrome fuel doors. I have the satin and i think i tlooks much better. some people can pull of the chrome, but thats not me.
what did you paint it with???
[/b]
I just took it off the car and brought it to a local powder coating place. It ended up being alittle duller then the rest of the car so its getting clearcoated while my car is in the bodyshop.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just wondering if anyone else has done this. I think it looks good. its just powder coated for now, but when my car goes to the body shop for some dents im gonna get the door clearcoated so its as shiny as the rest of the car.
[/b]

Was that hard to install? Does it pretty much just bolt in place or is there some fab work involved in making this fit?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Was that hard to install? Does it pretty much just bolt in place or is there some fab work involved in making this fit?
[/b]
The trick is to leave all the bolts loose till you get it lined up with the cars sheet metal. If your handy with tools it will take 20 mins tops. And thats stopping for a beer.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts