Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Long time lurker, never really had to post a question in the past because I was always able to find an answer. Great Forum!
I have a 2006 5door, recently my fuel door has given me some issues where it won't open. I realize there must be an issue with the release cable, so I'm asking if anyone has any suggestions as to how I can maybe rectify this problem without going to a dealer? I'm just afrraid that one day when I'm really low on gas I won't be able to open the fuel door:eek:.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

·
Registered
859 Posts
You will notice that the latch mechanism consists of a protruding bar that slides in when opening the door. I just lubed that part with WD-40 when I had trouble.

·
Registered
21 Posts
You will notice that the latch mechanism consists of a protruding bar that slides in when opening the door. I just lubed that part with WD-40 when I had trouble.
Thanks, I will have to try that. I have replaced the the little bar that pushes the door open with a new OEM one but that didnt fix the issue. I have to pull the lever by the seat and then kind of pry the door open with a key on my girls 04 6i 5door hatch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts