Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
397 Posts
Those don't sound like the same settings I have. I have a "Set- Boost" setting which is a percentage the valve opens, I have a "Gain" setting which is descibed in the book as the rate of boost increase or boost acceleration, and I have a "Start-Boost" setting which allows you to offset the boost to not make it to the motor until it hits a certain level of boost (the book states that this is only for high boost applications so I leave it alone.
[/b]
The "start boost" setting holds the waistgate closed until you hit the boost level you set it at. Everywhere I have read, it says you should set it 4 psi lower than the boost level you want. For example if you want 17 psi, then you set it at 130 which equals 13 psi.

· Registered
397 Posts
I remember when you posted these settings a while back and I tried it. The car coughed really hard and I got a warning light from the ebc display. I quickly set it back to the way I had it and re-read the manual. The manual I have, which is translated into English from the Japanese version, clearly states that the e-01 is capable of holding upto 50-60psi and that this feature is only intended for high boost applications. I goes further to state that if you set this too close to your set-boost or gain, that it will spike uncontrollably and potentially cause damage to the engine, turbo, or the boost control solenoid. I don't know the differences between the spec II and the e-01, but that's what I read.
[/b]
Well in the Spec 2 manual it does not say anything about high boost applications. It says to set at a point that is not too close to the boost level you want or boost may spike too high. Most writeups I ahve seen online all suggest to set it 4 psi lower than the boost you want. Maybe the Solenoid is different on the E-01? Who knows?

I am running:

set boost: 43%
gain: 30%
start boost: 130

I see about 18-18.5 peak boost and it holdsabout 17-17.5 up to about 6200 rpms. I don't go above 6200 rpms.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.