Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Instead of cutting the fuel supply off as means to regulate speed, why doesn't the computer continue with the supply of gas but in lesser amount? It would be so much beneficial:

1. No abrupt speed reductions. good when you are trying to get out of a traffic situation.

2. No "What the fk happened" scenarios

·
Registered
94 Posts
Why would all this be necessary at 120mph, assuming it's on a public road, not on a track?
[/b]
It's a "rev limiter" not a speed limiter. It goes on (or goes off depending on how you think about it) to save your engine. To get used to it just try to hit it a few times a day.:D

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
even for rev limiter, the same concept should be applied, and in fact such that it will not go beyond that rpm. It should be darned easy for the drive-by-wire system.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Oh, alright, I didn't know he was talking about the rev-limiter.

However, isn't our max hp achieved at 6k rpm? Also, isn't it true that hp goes down after you reach the peak?
[/b]

How does this matter, your not going to shift at max HP points.

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Probably because it is there to keep you from blowing your engine. If it kept giving gas your engine would keep turning...
[/b]
the word is "regulate". let the computer decide that at WOT if the max rpm is 6200, and provide fuel accordingly.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Well I suppose it would be to easy to just hold your enngine wide open at max rpm, which again would result in a blown engine. You really shouldnt be hitting rpms that high in a street car. Sure you can, but it isnt good for it. Unless I make a mistake I typically shift at about 6k max...

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
alright how about regulating the fuel supply so that if you hit the rev-limit, it brings it down by 1000rpm?

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
it is called "finesse". right now it is treating like hoe when u hit the limit by shutting off the supply....."your $50 time is up...get going" attitude

1 - 16 of 16 Posts