Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since almost everyone of us is looking for a aftermarket grill to remove that giant mazda emblem...

Why not ask some manufature to design a funtional grill that can direct the air into the hood intercooler duct? Maybe some sort of extending fiber glass vent build into the grill that directly connect to the hood duct? Then we can have a cool looking grill that actually can increase performance of the car :)

bad picture, but this is my idea..

Attachments

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ignore my post.. I just realize the OEM grill already has that design build in =p

·
Registered
507 Posts
Hahaha! :thumbup:

I'd love a grill that used the same grill material as the lower part in the bumper. It would almost give it an Audi-esque look to it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'd love a grill that used the same grill material as the lower part in the bumper. It would almost give it an Audi-esque look to it.
[/b]
Audi-esque???? :laugh: That's pretty good. There is nothing like the infinite flexibilty of the English language.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Since almost everyone of us is looking for a aftermarket grill to remove that giant mazda emblem...

Why not ask some manufature to design a funtional grill that can direct the air into the hood intercooler duct? Maybe some sort of extending fiber glass vent build into the grill that directly connect to the hood duct? Then we can have a cool looking grill that actually can increase performance of the car :)

[/b]

I still do want to get rid of that huge mazda emblem and all i found is the autoexe grill, which i wish i had more selection to choose from. :(

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does the Autoexe reuse the OEM grill air diffuser/duct? If aftermarket grill doesn't use that part in their design, will that decrease TMIC efficiency?

I checked Autoexe's picture, it seems like there are nothing in the back of the grill, and you can see the radiator behide..

·
Registered
329 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts

[/b]
Why do you want to remove the Mazda emblem?

·
Registered
145 Posts
[/b]
Personally I want all the emblem's gone!

The front one in particular is huge and almost stupid looking porportions...I hate that on a car...I would go with the autoexe, but still haven't been able to convince myself to hand over the 400+ for it. Its great when you pull up and no one knows what your driving...they look and can't find a emblem and are forced to ask what is it? That to me speaks volumes....just my way of looking at things.

·
Registered
940 Posts
[/b]
Why would you ask someone to try to explain a personal preference?

Why not ask something like why did you get a grey car?

I am happy to see an alternative to the $400 autoexe one also.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Personally I want all the emblem's gone!

The front one in particular is huge and almost stupid looking porportions...I hate that on a car...I would go with the autoexe, but still haven't been able to convince myself to hand over the 400+ for it. Its great when you pull up and no one knows what your driving...they look and can't find a emblem and are forced to ask what is it? That to me speaks volumes....just my way of looking at things.
[/b]
Ditto. I've already removed the the "Mazdaspeed6" and the "(M)" emblems from the back.

Now I'm also looking for a front grill replacement, but $400 for a grill? OUCH!

There is a Fiber Images grill available for the MS6. I think there is a group buy posted for this as well.

http://www.therpmstore.com/product_info.ph...products_id=354
[/b]
The carbon fiber one might look pretty good on my Black MS6. Only $200, thats a bit easier to justify.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Ditto. I've already removed the the "Mazdaspeed6" and the "(M)" emblems from the back.

Now I'm also looking for a front grill replacement, but $400 for a grill? OUCH!
The carbon fiber one might look pretty good on my Black MS6. Only $200, thats a bit easier to justify.
[/b]

yeah but remember that the fiber images on is only a center insert. IT DOESN'T COVER UP OUR LARGE DENT WHERE THE EMBLEM SITS.
it was made for their front bumper which is not currently in production. at current time the have nothing on the board to make a grill similar to the autoexe.

·
Registered
23 Posts
is there a way to maybe open up those ducts more. Maybe push some more air to the IC?

·
Registered
273 Posts
yeah but remember that the fiber images on is only a center insert. IT DOESN'T COVER UP OUR LARGE DENT WHERE THE EMBLEM SITS.
it was made for their front bumper which is not currently in production. at current time the have nothing on the board to make a grill similar to the autoexe.
[/b]
SON OF A B!

I got my hopes up... You're right, that would leave a big ugly gap on the lower peice of the stock bumper. Mazda really F'd us over on that one!

Guess it's back to autoexe.

Every time I see autoexe I think of DOS autoexec.bat... That probably dates my nerdiness...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Why would you ask someone to try to explain a personal preference?

Why not ask something like why did you get a grey car?

I am happy to see an alternative to the $400 autoexe one also.
[/b]
Why someone does something is a very valid question. People rarely do things "just because". I wanted to know why HE would remove the emblems. Thats why forums like this exist. When people ask me why I bought a MS6 or why I chose white as the color, I dont say to them; "sorry how can I explain my personal preference". I tell them why.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Why someone does something is a very valid question. People rarely do things "just because". I wanted to know why HE would remove the emblems. Thats why forums like this exist. When people ask me why I bought a MS6 or why I chose white as the color, I dont say to them; "sorry how can I explain my personal preference". I tell them why.
[/b]

Yea i hear you. I mean i really hate white cars and really really hate that big frigin emblem. Just my preference. White because my father has a white benz and man did that thing show every peice of dirt there is unless you liked going to car wash in which i dont like to do that much maybe some people do all up to them who cares. But for the emblem i have no clue why i hate it i like the cleaner sleak looks i guess. And sucks autoexe is the only way to go but for 400.00 wowzer. Maybe that will come out with another choice soon and yea maybe in that grill will have a option to make the air ducts bigger to get more air over the IC as CS was asking up top. I have patience for after-market christmas is coming soon, and im almost in debt already :nana:

·
Registered
24 Posts
To those of you who want to or have removed your mazda emblems, can you please tell me why? Again if you reply "how do you explain a persons preference" please do not. Obviously they have a reason. Someone mentioned they liked that people did not know what kind of car it was, thats his opinion and it sound good to me. But I would ask if they had a BMW M5 or GS430 would they still remove the emblems. I'm not questioning anybodys opinion, just trying to see how people feel about their MS6 or mazda in general. I have owned, raced (and sold in the past) mazdas for over twenty years. I can afford cars that people buy just to feel better about themselves, but I stick with mazda. Of course if I were rich the DB9 would be next to my MS6 and RX7. :D

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
To those of you who want to or have removed your mazda emblems, can you please tell me why? Again if you reply "how do you explain a persons preference" please do not. Obviously they have a reason. Someone mentioned they liked that people did not know what kind of car it was, thats his opinion and it sound good to me. But I would ask if they had a BMW M5 or GS430 would they still remove the emblems. I'm not questioning anybodys opinion, just trying to see how people feel about their MS6 or mazda in general. I have owned, raced (and sold in the past) mazdas for over twenty years. I can afford cars that people buy just to feel better about themselves, but I stick with mazda. Of course if I were rich the DB9 would be next to my MS6 and RX7. :D
[/b]
Easy, the plastic "chrome" is cheap looking. First thing I did - and some of my first posts talked about this - was take the Mazdaspeed6 emblem off (as well as the Mazdasouth emblem). If I could have taken the flying M off the front and back, I would have. But it leaves holes.

I'm still hopeful Wiggum comes through with the colored emblems. If that happens, I'll go to with black emblems in a heartbeat.

A secondary reason is that now barely anyone knows what this car is, and I like that!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yea i hear you. I mean i really hate white cars and really really hate that big frigin emblem. Just my preference. White because my father has a white benz and man did that thing show every peice of dirt there is unless you liked going to car wash in which i dont like to do that much maybe some people do all up to them who cares. But for the emblem i have no clue why i hate it i like the cleaner sleak looks i guess. And sucks autoexe is the only way to go but for 400.00 wowzer. Maybe that will come out with another choice soon and yea maybe in that grill will have a option to make the air ducts bigger to get more air over the IC as CS was asking up top. I have patience for after-market christmas is coming soon, and im almost in debt already :nana:
[/b]
Thanks for the response. I wonder if some feel that driving a mazda is NOT cool so they remove the emblems. I had a friend who bought his son a Focus, and the son felt that way and removed all signs of it being a Ford. Personally I would have never bought a Focus, but thats MOI.

·
Registered
940 Posts
[/b]
Why did you choose a white MS6? Explaining a personal preference is not easy to do. I took off my "mazdaspeed 6" emblems off the back because it was easy and made the car more low profile (the word "speed" on your car does not sound good if you get pulled over).

1 - 20 of 37 Posts