Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
god dammit im going crazy. the mod bug is biting the shit out of me and im going insane. i finished all the parts on my car about 2 months ago and i been drivign this bitch like a raped ape everywhere. my car runs perfect with no hiccups and im just so happy to finally be able to enjoy this fucker for once instead of always having to fix something.

but now i literally have no more things to buy for the car unless i build the motor and turn up the boost. im really broke right now as im graduating from grad school and i still have no job so its not like i can afford parts anyway but still lol. 2 days ago i found myself installing a free pair of HID fogs! i mean c'mon, what is this a regular 6!?!?!

and to top it all off i just drove to MD last weekend and i got 31mpg as it was all hwy :D:D guh im just ranting but im really going crazy here just "enjoying" this car. im a stubborn fuck and i love to tinker and break shit. im also dreading moving into an apt building and not having a giant heated 2 car garage to do all my work 24/7/365.

also if anyone if from the DC metro area ill be moving there end of may so you'll need to show me around and call me up for meets and shit. i know i got my P3 buddies (well charles anyway) but anyone else?

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
Buy guns. They're fun a shit to mod, clean and tinker on. Plus, you'll have something to shoot someone with when you catch them breaking into your car in DC.

I've been working on a house. Its taken both my time and money away from the car. And it's quite fun and rewarding.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Buy guns. They're fun a shit to mod, clean and tinker on. Plus, you'll have something to shoot someone with when you catch them breaking into your car in DC.

I've been working on a house. Its taken both my time and money away from the car. And it's quite fun and rewarding.
ive wanted a gun forever but i refuse to get one unless i can have a CC permit and i live in the gayest state ever so im not getting one. maby ill cave who knows.

·
Registered
578 Posts
when you move to the DC area, move to northern Virginia. Very accommodating gun laws down here.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Super....you crazy your ass your where I've wanted to be ever since I got this car last year and started dumping my entire bank into it....as far as I've come
with my speed 6, it's hard to look ahead money wise.....AP, DH, cobb sf +tip, tint, and a protune is AT LEAST the last of what I want toofo (even tho I know I'm gonna give in and buy a new intercooler) along with a badgless grill and other finishing touches.....think about what your saying you retard :) I'm not going to let anyone complain about having a fully loaded gt3076r speed 6

·
Registered
314 Posts
Lol, skater, you have problems, dude.

I know how you feel always wanting to tinker with something though. I have the car to play with when it's nice outside, and my home theatre for when it's better to stay inside and hide. I've built 2 subwoofers, surround speakers, and wired up a few zones in our house. I think we'll be painting the house for the next couple of weekends now... got to keep my hands busy!

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
Yeah, I use to be lazy after work every day. Of course, not only does shit need to get done, but I also like to tinker. So, I'll clean or smith a gun, work on the house, work on the car, or build something to stay productive. :)

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
loll i guess ill be moving to my first new place thats not a college apartment so maby ill start doing shit there. still broke though haha.

·
Registered
875 Posts
What you majored in? Where you get so much effing money to blow on your car? Who's paying for your Grad school?! lol

And how the fuck are you getting 31mpg on any highway.. I pull like 26 at MOST driving it "Spirited"

·
Registered
238 Posts
What you majored in? Where you get so much effing money to blow on your car? Who's paying for your Grad school?! lol

And how the fuck are you getting 31mpg on any highway.. I pull like 26 at MOST driving it "Spirited"
WORD.... i am mildly (very mildly) bolted and cruising on the freeway if i am nice... and the weather is perfect and i catch a little tail wind... i'll pull 27... around town... pssshhhh if i see 19 i am THRILLED

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

lol im an electrical engineer and i made alot during my internships. grad school was a free ride cause i got a research grant but i still have about 40k in loans to pay for what my parents couldent afford when i graduate. and 31mpg was straight cruise control @70 the whole time. i also dont spend money on anything but my car. i lack any other hobbies because this one is a full time job haha.

WORD.... i am mildly (very mildly) bolted and cruising on the freeway if i am nice... and the weather is perfect and i catch a little tail wind... i'll pull 27... around town... pssshhhh if i see 19 i am THRILLED
lol i dident say anything about city. i live in a place where everything is stop and go cause its a little town and im lucky to break 20mpg. on winter blend i was getting like 15-18mpg.

·
Registered
450 Posts
i can't believe your actually complaining about having no other mods to do... i'll gladly trade cars with you.. don't worry you'd have lots to do to keep that mod bug happy

·
Registered
93 Posts
There is always custom things you can do to your car that cant be bought. Where the value in hours spent on them is higher than anyone would ever pay. Sure it can cost money but ussually not crazy money. Im buying a block to build and even thou ive no money and all the money I do have is suposed to go to the wedding, Ive got to build this engine. Ive no idea how to do it so im sure it will keep me busy for a while.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
and to top it all off i just drove to MD last weekend and i got 31mpg as it was all hwy :D:D guh
Nice work man. Did you tell me before that the great mileage is also due to the BT? That and a solid tune of course. As for your "itch" I'd suggest pouring some 12 molar HCL down your shorts, because I'm sure most of us would stab a hobo to have the mods you've collected!! Haha, J/K

Do some volunteer work. Take terminally ill kids on a joy ride in your car. Lol!!
I think a ride in skates car would finish those kids off...

I'm in the same boat but the mod bug has left me alone finally.
You are a stronger man than most... that or you're in denial. My money is on denial ;)

·
Registered
314 Posts
hahaha, lousy mod junkies. :wacko:

·
Registered
787 Posts
SpSkater -
You have one of the few combos that really works - didn't you get to 111 trap? (on the stock turbo?) Enjoy what you have for now, especially if it's you're transport.

You could do a nice side biz on how to get 300+ dynojet hp on a stock turbo and not ventilate the block. Hm... MSF would lose 1/2 their threads if people stopped blowing up.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts