Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone who has the basic stereo option be interested in the 6CD changer for the M6. I ordered the MP3 player option and as far as I know, only one or the other can occupy your stereo dash.

Therefore, I would like to sell the 6CD changer? What is a fair price? I have no idea.

Let me know.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Reading Topic: FS: OEM M6 6CD Changer

hieppo,

The in-dash 6 CD player costs $500 new in the USA. It's $405 new from MazdaStuff.com. That makes me think that you could probably reasonably expect to get about $300 from one pulled from your car and in perfect condition. (All prices US dollars.)

Did your dealer give you any indication when to expect the MP3 player? I have one on order as well.

·
Registered
628 Posts

'cmon, $350 is more reasonable... :D I am just scared that the market is gonna get flooded with these things once the mp3 unit comes out...

·
Registered
791 Posts

Actually, Mazda just overcharges for this item. C'mon, CD changers aren't that expensive nowadays. I wouldn't pay more than $200 (being generous) for this item, but I'm still sure you could still sell it for more since it retails so high. After all, if you want to keep everything integrated, it's your only choice. I wish Mazda didn't charge so much for it!

That said, I don't mean to intrude on your sale. Just voicing an opinion.

·
Registered
305 Posts

Stew,

Just being realistic. If I could get a new one for $405 from a Mazda dealer, I'd have to save more than $55 to justify taking my chances on a used one.

And Stretch, I'm sure someone who has a single-disc and who'd prefer a changer to MP3s will probably bite eventually. Want to talk hard to sell? What the heck am I going to do with my single-disc stereo from my 6 after I get the MP3 player put in? I can't even sell it to someone who's built-in stereo dies until the 4-year, 50,000 mile warranties start running out on these cars. :)

·
Registered
628 Posts

I know, I know...Its just shooting down all my hopes and dreams of breaking even on the 6-disc/mp3 swap out...

*sigh*

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

OK, finally got the MP3 installed. It is amazing. It is like a 10CD changer without the noise and delay of chaning discs.

Anyway, if anyone has the basic stereo (non-Bose) and wanted a 6CD in-dash changer for their Mazda6. This unit fits right in there.

I have what you need to install it, the changer unit, the replacement front slot/face and screws. I can get the installation manual too but there was a posting with colour pictures that does a better job telling you what to do.

Asking $250US shipped. Preferred Canadian buyer and will sell $350CDN shipped.

Here are the pictures.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Bump with pictures.

Have the full installation from the dealer for the installation of any of the players.

S

·
0 Posts

Hi hieppo

Did you install the CD changes yourself or you sent to a shop to get it change ? I am interested to buy from mazdastuff and not sure who will do in SIngapore. Email me any tips is appreciated [email protected]

Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts