Mazda 6 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my engine had to be replaced out of pocket, so I'm parting everything out of my car. The exhaust has already been sold, but I have the following left:

P.S. Sorry for the crappy pictures!

Mazdaspeed Short Throw Shifter-

I'd need aa stock shifter assembly to swap with because mine had to be modified to get this one in, it would be the same in your case if you had to buy it new. I'm looking for $100+OEM Shifter. We'd each cover our own shipping on the shifters.

CPE Engine Mount(BLUE)-

Its on the car right now, and I have my OEM one, but its too cold to get under the car tonight, I'll do it tomorrow, but am throwing this out there early. Its got around 4k miles on it, with the revised pins, looking for $100 + shipping FIRM.

CPE MAF-ci, Wheels and Exhaust have been sold, just a couple things left!

·
Registered
542 Posts
I don't think you can go back to stock from the mazdaspeed short shifter! You have to hack the old shifter to get it out.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think you can go back to stock from the mazdaspeed short shifter! You have to hack the old shifter to get it out.
[/b]
Is it really?, I thought you just had to cut the tab off the OEM one to get a piece off of it to put on the Mazdaspeed one. I'll investigate it, unless someone can come up with a definitive answer either way.

Edit: I looked up the how-to, and you were right. I guess if someone really wants to they can swap the whole assembly with me as it really is less work that way all around. If not, oh well, the offer will remain until the car is out of my possession.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
is the car just sitting or did you already replace the engine and are driving it around?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
is the car just sitting or did you already replace the engine and are driving it around?
[/b]
Engine has been replaced with a salvage with 7,000 miles on it and I'm driving it until I can get another car to sell this one. The only mods currently on the car are the engine mount and the short throw shifter.

The thread- http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=62990

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
damn, I was going to go for the shifter swap, but I can't have my car down for however long it would take to ship them back and forth. If I could send you mine after I install yours, it'd be great. But if you're driving it, I doubt that's feasible.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
damn, I was going to go for the shifter swap, but I can't have my car down for however long it would take to ship them back and forth. If I could send you mine after I install yours, it'd be great. But if you're driving it, I doubt that's feasible.
[/b]
It could be possible for me to do that at the beginning of January, but I can't promise anything. I'll definitely keep it in mind if I can't find anyone local enough to swap in person, or someone who can go without their car for 4 or 5 days within the next month.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry to hear that...

I hope everything works out for you...

BUMP for an old faithful 6er.
[/b]
Thanks a lot! :)

Things are looking good as long as this stuff sells for me, remember these prices are OBO. I'm not going to turn away anything reasonable at this point in time, I just can't. Anyone interested in the car itself? ;)

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Awesome, I'm also interested in the tire/rims, but I think shipping makes them cost prohibitive for me.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Awesome, I'm also interested in the tire/rims, but I think shipping makes them cost prohibitive for me.
[/b]
We might be able to work something out there too. Shipping would only be about $25 per wheel/tire from OH to CT. PM me, and I'll throw an offer out there for you.

I'm not looking to make a profit on any of this, just trying to get fair market value. If anyone is on the edge about contacting me, keep that in mind! Thanks for any interest thus far :)

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
PM sent, feel free to hit me up on email for a faster response! Daveavino(at)gmail.com

·
Registered
480 Posts
do you mind if i ask how much the whole engine swap cost you with the labor?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
do you mind if i ask how much the whole engine swap cost you with the labor?
[/b]
I actually got quite a deal on the whole thing. Msumlin hooked me up with a deal at a dealership a couple hours away from me that did ALL the labor for $700, found an engine with less than 7k miles (has 12k mile 12 month warranty on it) for $1900, so with tax it was $2823.23. Things could have been a lot worse, but I'm still in debt like crazy with what I owe on the car on top of that figure.

·
Registered
480 Posts
bump for you, sorry to hear about the car and good luck! (i'm kind of in the same predicament - rod knock FTL)

someone buy this guys stuff!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
bump for you, sorry to hear about the car and good luck! (i'm kind of in the same predicament - rod knock FTL)

someone buy this guys stuff!
[/b]
Thanks man, and I'm sorry to hear about your engine as well.

It really sucks too, because this summer I had some big plans for the 6's suspension. I guess this car just wasn't meant for me to have for that long. It does run beautifully right now though, pulls like crazy without any mods at all. Oh well...

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Bump, Bump

Somebody jump on this, Mike's a great guy and stand up member, he'll keep his word and not rip you off.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Another bump for a good guy (and the exhaust I'm getting saturday!) :D
[/b]

Bump, Bump

Somebody jump on this, Mike's a great guy and stand up member, he'll keep his word and not rip you off.
[/b]
Thanks guys. You've both really helped me out through this whole ordeal, and I don't think it could have turned out any better than it has. I really do appreciate everything, I'm so glad there are members like you guys, and how lucky I am that you both are local to me!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.