Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
225-45-17. Tires only. Prefer to sell as a set of four.

I just bought a set of rims and tires with Pilot Sport 2's so I'll be selling these Pilot Sports. My new rims and tires should come in on Wednesday, so I can have the Pilot Sports ready for delivery on Wednesday/Thursday.

Only 1,000 kms on the tires. They're mint! No punctures or gashes. Never tracked. I think these are good fitment for the 6, but let me know if I'm wrong.

$700 o.b.o.

·
Registered
979 Posts
post pics and you might have great luck.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
hmmm.... specs??? fit our 6?? load & speed rating?? thread left?

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
pilot sports are good tires, they are ultra performance summer tires, our cars came with all season tires

you will be hard pressed to find michelin pilot sports in this size for under $300 each.

they come stock on some mercedes, porsche, BMW, Lexus, Ferrari

high end shit
load rating for these is 91
Speed rated Y 186 MPH 300km/h

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
so we get pilots but not pilot sprots....is that correct?

Asking these questions for a reason...will need tires again soon.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have these tires in a 215/45/18 and they are excellent! Someone needs to jump on this because these tires are in no way cheap - literally or figuratively. They hug the road. Brand new, you would spend around $1,200 on these tires...

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
wordwordword!!!

lol... dibs first... but need to see pics of the thread left...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hmmm.... specs??? fit our 6?? load & speed rating?? thread left?
[/b]
Yes, they will fit the 6. Check out the Tires section; many people run 225 on stock rims. The recommended width size according to the Michelin website is 7" to 8.5". Overall diameter is virtually identical. If you're going to run wider, this is the size to get.

I'll check re load rating, but they will definitely work on the 6. They're coming off a BMW 330.

I think tread is 9/32. I'll bring along a tire depth gauge when any purchaser comes to see the tires.

In all fairness, someone already called dibs on the tires. We've been trying to hook up for the last couple of days, but our schedules have conflicted. He says he wants them and will do the changeover at a tire shop this weekend. BUT I've been burned a few times during a Mazda3 sway bar group buy I organized last summer by people committing and not following through. So, if anyone is seriously interested, let me know as soon as possible and I will push the guy to confirm. If he waffles at all, I'll sell to the next interested person.

Thanks for the bumps. Don't try to use these as all seasons. If you use these in the winter, you'll be calling your insurance company in short order.. Summer performance tires only.

Again, reason for selling is that I purchased a new set of rims with tires already mounted. I'm pretty sure no one here is interested in the rims as they're a 5x120 bolt pattern and you'll require a little "custom" work to make them fit on a 6! :nana:

Sexy Chris has bought something off of me and post-whore broli knows me from torontomazda3.com. References available at torontomazda3.com.

416-705-2270 is the best bet to call dibs on the tires (subject to confirming with the other guy mentioned above). Not a marketing ploy!

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
hmm so someone already called dibs huh??? and he's asking for 700 as well?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
7 Participants
who's ur daddy?
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing