Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon all. After much deliberation, I've finally decided to put my sound system up for sale.

The goods:
2 - 12" Memphis Audio M3 Subwoofers (Model #15-M3124D link)
1 - Memphis 1100 x 1 Class D Monoblock Amplifier (Model #-16-MCD1000 link)
1 - Box
1 - Wiring Kit (purchased from Walmart, you can see the tangled mess of wires on the pic of the amp)

The sob story:
I purchased the subs over the summer of 05, and i've had the amp and box since the summer of 04. I had the whole set up installed my blazer for about a month or so (april 05) when i purchased my mazda6 in may/june of 05, i removed them, and they've sat on my desk ever since then. I've been jonesing to get them in the 6 since I've owned it, but I just don't have the money to do it the right way. (metra + 2 sets of speakers to replace bose + wiring = too much money.) Now that my credit card is out of control, and I've accepted the fact that I'm never going install these bad boys, I've decided to sell them.

The facts:
These subs hit HARD. I purchased them brand new from sound asylum in oburg, nj.

I bought a wiring kit from walmart at the end of the summer to install the subs in my moms accord, and I bought a BoomStick dB meter while I was there. If you watch the videos (quicktime), you can see that they're hitting ~127 dB in closed trunk, ~120 dB in an open trunk, and it was ~120-125dB in the cabin of the car too. I don't know how credible the boomstick is in the world cardaudio competions, but I feel like it's pretty dead on. These subs have, at best, 50 hours on them. The amp and box probably have twice that because I used to have them hooked up to 2 12" type-rs which blew about a month after I bought them. They've been hooked up to an Alpine CDA-9813 all three times.

The bottom line:
I bought this set up brand new for $1160 (50box+650amp+230sub+230sub) + installation + HU.

I'm only doing local pickup because the whole setup weighs approximately 450 million pounds, but I can do pickups in North Jersey (Vernon, thats where the subs are) or Connecticut (Hamden, that's where I am for school).

$600 obo

video1
video2

Hopefully I've provided you enough information, but if you have any questions, post or PM me.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Any interest in selling the Amp alone? If so, how much are you asking?

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any interest in selling the Amp alone? If so, how much are you asking?
[/b]
i'd like like to sell it whole, but if i don't have any takers for the whole thing, you're first for the amp.

how soon were you looking to get this?

·
Registered
947 Posts
i'd like like to sell it whole, but if i don't have any takers for the whole thing, you're first for the amp.

how soon were you looking to get this?
[/b]
Well depending on price, I kinda need it by next weekend... I am doing my install then... (not in the 6)

·
Registered
947 Posts
Please tell me that the setup sounds better than what is on the video clips!
[/b]
I am guessing that the video recorder mic just couldn't handle the bass the subs we giving... I can't image that it would sound like that in person... To distorted...

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Please tell me that the setup sounds better than what is on the video clips!
[/b]
hahaha. nooooo. i forgot to mention that. the bass sounds like garbage cuz i recorded it on my cell phone.

those vids are up only to show how many dB's they hit. the cell phone was about 8 inches from the woofers during those recordings.

I am guessing that the video recorder mic just couldn't handle the bass the subs we giving... I can't image that it would sound like that in person... To distorted...
[/b]
:yesnod:

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
bump because my puppy was viciously mauled by a bear and i need the money to get it stuffed and mounted in my livingroom.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts