Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am posting this more as a feeler than anything.

I have a 2006 MazdaSpeed6 GT that I purchased recently. It is Velocity Red, sunroof, no navi (I simply have a Magellan unit in the map bin).

Anyway, great car but not sure if it is really for me. has less than 1,000 miles on it. I have had it less than a month. Perfect condition, garage kept at home and work, 3 coats of liquid glass paint protectant applied. I also have the Sirius unit (not yet installed) and the VG sharkfin antenna painted to match (bought but have not received it yet) that I would include with the package.

While I am not willing to take a beating on the car I am considering selling it and would save the buyer some money versus a new one (even factoring the rebates). I am open to offers. Just feeling out if there is any interest. Sticker is 31,200. I am thinking around $25k which I think is about $1,000 less than you will buy one at a dealer after all rebates and I am also including the Sirius unit and sharkfin antenna. Open to reasonable offers.

If someone is a potential buyer I will have dealer handle it as a "courtesy trade". No additional cost to you. It saves me the tax hit and is safer for buyer as you would be writing check to an established new car dealer rather than to someone on the internet who you never met. (I am not a dealer but am probably going to go back to a VW and that dealer has agreed to handle courtesy trade if I sell Mazda).

If anyone is interested, drop me a note at amphicar770.AT.yahoo.com

Thanks.

Mike Israel

Attachments

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
picture? Where are you located? What are you looking for? Anything???

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
picture? Where are you located? What are you looking for? Anything???
[/b]
I can send whatever pictures anyone asks for. But honestly, look at any bone stock 2006 VelocityRed MS6 GT on a showroom and you are looking at the same car, same condition.

I am located about 30 minutes outside of Philadelphia in Royersford, PA. As for price, I am certain I will save buyer some dollars versus new and they will also get the Sirius and antenna.

Not sure I understand next posters comment to, "close this thread immediately". I am NOT a dealer. If I am stepping on some forum rules just let me know and I will adjust message accordingly.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Not sure I understand next posters comment to, "close this thread immediately". I am NOT a dealer. If I am stepping on some forum rules just let me know and I will adjust message accordingly.
[/b]
Read the sticky about For Sale Thread posting rules ... need to paste a picture of item for sale, your name (username) and date on a sheet of paper etc etc

And sucks to be you ... you're going to take a mind-boggling hit on driven-off-the-lot-and-no-longer-a-new-car hit on depreciation.

Unless driving & owning the car is causing you unbelievable emotional, physical of financial hardship, or unles you've just won a lottery, you would be well advised to hold on to it for at least a couple of years.
Good luck, either way!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Read the sticky about For Sale Thread posting rules ... need to paste a picture of item for sale, your name (username) and date on a sheet of paper etc etc

And sucks to be you ... you're going to take a mind-boggling hit on driven-off-the-lot-and-no-longer-a-new-car hit on depreciation.

Unless driving & owning the car is causing you unbelievable emotional, physical of financial hardship, or unles you've just won a lottery, you would be well advised to hold on to it for at least a couple of years.
Good luck, either way!
[/b]

OK, thanks. Added the info such as price and a pic with sign. I think I am now in full compliance. Really, much more constructive just to PM with a message saying "you goofed" than it is to play self-appointed post-police and demand that a post be closed immediately.

Yes, I will likely lose some $$$ but I figure that selling it while it has les than 1k miles on it may minimize the impact and give someone else a good deal. a year from now I will still be faced with the depreciation. May wind up keeping it, but figure there is nothing lost by puttting out a feeler. I run the Amphicar forums and see it all the time.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I see there is a red Sport MS6 on eBay right now for about $24,500 when you add in sellers required doc fee. That car has 80 miles on it. Thus, I think for an additional $500 that getting a GT with about 500 miles on it is a pretty good deal. Open to reasonable offers.

·
Registered
156 Posts
To help someone decide if this is a deal for them or not, you may want to list any and all options. Sunroof, compass mirror, chrome fuel lid and what ever else appears on the window sticker as an option. From that they can calculate dealer cost, minus rebates and figure what it is worth to them.
Hate to see someone sell their Velocity Red MS6, but we all have different wants and needs.

Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
Ill offer 20.5k for the car,don't need the sirius radio.As the dealership i work at can get these cars with 6k to 7k for miles on them for 18k to 20k at the auctions.This is by no means an insult to you,but these cars take a huge hit once they are purchased as with anything.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ill offer 20.5k for the car,don't need the sirius radio.As the dealership i work at can get these cars with 6k to 7k for miles on them for 18k to 20k at the auctions.This is by no means an insult to you,but these cars take a huge hit once they are purchased as with anything.
[/b]
No insult taken. That sounds about right if someone were looking to resell on their lot and make some money off of it versus owning it.

In any event, $23.5k firm will drive it home with 560 miles on the odometer. Even with ALL of the current discounts and rebates including the financing one at crazy interest rate, I think this is $2.5k less than you will buy a new one for. Yes, has factory sunroof.

Should have stuck with my Jetta TDI. After a year of use it took a hit of only $2k from sticker price!

·
Registered
979 Posts
I think that you should give the car more of a chance. A month is not time at all to decide whether you truly like it or not.. I think you are jumping the gun on this just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think that you should give the car more of a chance. A month is not time at all to decide whether you truly like it or not.. I think you are jumping the gun on this just my 2 cents.
[/b]
You may be right and I may wind up holding onto her. My concern/fear right now is that I did not realize how Mazda's depreciate in value like a rock falling from the sky. I guess I got spoiled by good resale values of VW and BMW. I am worried that a year from now this thing may only be worth $10k on a trade.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
You may be right and I may wind up holding onto her. My concern/fear right now is that I did not realize how Mazda's depreciate in value like a rock falling from the sky. I guess I got spoiled by good resale values of VW and BMW. I am worried that a year from now this thing may only be worth $10k on a trade.
[/b]
Depreciation comparisons across brands is not the issue or concern here ... your inability to own cars for over a year is :)

[judgemental comment ... ignore if you must]
Save yourself from a downward spiral of financial misadventure before you start doing this with MUCH more expensive things.

OR - (if you don't have a problem) you're either a dealer/flunky/salespoerson trying to sell a demo, or MUCH richer than you're letting on.

Either way ... if the mods let your thread pass as a FS thread (even though it's only a 'feeler'), I bet they'll let my comment pass s useful feedback, and not the trolling threadcrap I'd happily admit it is ;)

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
Ashu, you are correct. This needs to go. No compliance with the Buy/Sell rules. Closed until corrected.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.