Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This was a new heat shield for the Steeda V6 cold air intake that I modified to fit the V6 Mazda6. It fit very well and snug. Does not move around when installed. I had the heat shield powdercoated black. The shield has never been installed or used.

I'm asking $60 shipped to lower 48 states.

paypal payments.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Boy, if I didn't have my MazdaSpeed intake and was still looking to do a short one, I'd be all over this....

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is what the shield looks like in the Fusion. I modified it to fit properly around the headlights on the 6 and seals off the area very well from engine heat.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The stock air box has a couple studs on the bottom of it that slides into the rubber mounts in the chassis. So it easy to pop it in and out. And there is no noise from vibration. This shield has to studs in the same spot to reuse those rubber mounts for an easy install.

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
Hm...I have a SRI now and use one of the rubber grommets to anchor the tubing already. I don't think it'll work then. Are you referring to the copper piece underneath the airbox? If so, that piece is now inverted so that I could use that end as an anchor for the SRI tubing. Those two rubber mounts are now inverted, so I cannot reuse those. BUT I can invert the copper piece back to install the heat shield and that in turn can anchor the tube as well. Do the 4 screw holes get used? According to the steeda site, it looks like the steeda's maf housing is used. Can you just use the existing tubing of the stock accordian and mount the shield?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm not sure what the bottom side of the airbox looks like. Its been ages since I've looked at one.

The four holes are used to mount the maf housing. And then the billet maf housing extends out several inches to the accordion tubing. I'm not sure if the accordion tubing would reach the shield.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
I don't see any reason why this box can't be used with other intake tubes.....

Our intake is 3" diameter. I'd wager the Fusion is the same, or damned close. All you need is a simple piece of rubber-type membrane that you would trim to fit the bolt-up pattern on the air box and then make a slightly undersized hole in the membrane to slide it over the tube.

Some place like Grainger would have the rubber membrane you'd need.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I can get some extra rubber edging to line the inside of the hole with. The same that's on the edges of this shield. That would stop any noise die to vibration from a cai tube going through it.

·
Registered
571 Posts
So just for clarification.. this will fit any MS CAI? If so... consider it sold to ME.. I will paypal you ASAP if thats the case.

:)

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The opening for the inlet is 3 7/8 ".

I'd like to stay as close to the asking price as I can to recover my cost into this. :)

On the bottom of the shield there is a stud that goes into the rubber grommet that your stock box uses. It keeps it in place very well.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts