Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
That's right.. I have 3 longblocks for sale...

Was pulled from my car at ~23K miles when I swapped in the built motor. The OEM K04 is still attached and will ship with the motor--it rarely smoked but I'm sure it'll get just as bad as the rest in time...

This will make a great turn key swap for someone just looking to stock out after blowing..$2k plus shipping

This came in for the VVT TSB, after the actuator was replaced, some metal was noticed in the oil so it was pulled. This is a great motor to rebuild.. It did sit in a box(It was covered, and the plus are still in it) outside for a while(hence all the oxidation), and it looks like the intake cam will need some work to remove the rusting.. $1k plus shipping

This waas pulled due to low compression. The motor was never opened until I pulled the VC (EDIT- I was misinformed, the timing chain was apparently damaged when the vvt broke- they attempted a compression test and it was low so they didn't go any further). The VVT pin is broken so it will have to be rebuilt... That is the most likely the cause of the low compression.. I have never seen a bad vvt cause bent valves, but it is a (EDIT--very likely) posibility as well..
except for the broken VVT pin the top of valvetrain looks perfect(but you can't see bent valves from the top).. $1k plus shipping

I have not opened the bottom end on any of these motors.. My OEM ran perfect so there is no need.. Motors # 2 and 3 were NOT knocking when they were pulled, both cars were driven into the shop..

NO lowaballers please, these are already very very good prices...

EDIT--working on attaching pics, MODs, please give me a few minutes.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
#2 pending sale. avaitor79 msf.org
#3 held for sale until the 21st. P3charles 6club
#1 still available

UPDATE 4/15 6:19pm est

I just got off the phone with the mechanic who actually worked on these motors... What he initially told me was not correct, but he went back and pulled the info on both these motors..

#2 Has a brand new VVT actuator, but after the repair it was tested and had low compression on #3. That's why it was pulled..

#3 Was in for a broken VVT, it was openend up and the timing chain had actually rubbed the back of the timing cover so the chain was pulled.. Sometime after that was done Mazda decided it would be cheaper to just replace the motor than run the risk of replacing the VVT when they had no way to remove the metal shavings from the chain/timing cover, and busted VVT mechanisim...the timing chain may or may not be in the oil pan..

That's the rundown... Both should be easily rebuildable, but you should expect to have them dipped then machined(should be done this way anyways), you will not be just swapping in new pistons and rods... Both may or may not have bent valves due to the broken VVT actuators..

************************************************** ******************************************

1 - 5 of 5 Posts