Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured I'd give you guys first crack before I put it up on cars.com or autotrader.

I will post more pics as soon as I get the car back.

Initial pics can be found here.

http://railgun69.homeip.net/Mazda%206/

Car is bone stock.

VIN: 1YVHP80D935M00561

As of this posting, almost 51,000 miles. Lots of highway if that means anything anymore.

The basics are auto, cloth, bose, and the sport package. There's a scuff on the rear right near the corner of the bumper from a bad parking job. Couple of small chips from rocks in the hood. I'll post closeups of that too. Interior is clean with the normal minor wear from 3 years of use.

I have an extended warranty through Ford that's good until 75,000 miles and sometime in 08. It's the premium care package and I'll confirm actual dates.

I am also in the process of receiving a new (reman) motor and new cats. As soon as I get the car back, I'll post a bunch of pics. If anyone wants any pic in particular, let me know and I'll take it for you.

I'm asking $15k firm or take over the payments and $3k.

I'm selling as I want something else. No real reason other than that. I'll leave this here exclusively for you guys for about 3 weeks. Then I'll post it up everywhere else. In addition, if a dealer gives me a deal that I find acceptable, then I reserve the right to pull out of any "dibs" unless we agree to terms and confirm that a deal will be made within a reasonable period of time.

Feel free to ask anything here as opposed to PMing me to prevent multiple similar questions being answered.

Thanks!

Christian.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Seems a bit high on the price you can get a left over 05 for a tad more than that.. So you might wanna think about lowering the price, esp with a reman. motor.... there are a lot of used 66's coming up on the market, so you will need to be more competitive.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Compared to the prices in my area (retail) for a similar mileage model, the fact that it's still has a warranty for quite a while and yeah, it's a reman...but it's still a fresh motor warrants that price I think. And I'm not in an immediate rush to sell so I can wait it out.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Up..

And info on the warranty.

It's good for 60 mo after the manufacturer's warranty is up. In this case, about a month or so ago. Since 5 years is a lot of time for 25k miles, the milage is the limit here.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks. Again, new motor, still under warranty and the obvious differences between an "I" and an "S"

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
But you have to consider milage not motor, and the market when selling a car.

Did you even use edmunds.com or kbb.com?

Can't just pull figures out of your ass

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
But I can point that finger at you for talking out of yours. Have you even SEEN my market prices? Either retail OR private? For some examples, I'm LESS than that. AND it's got a warranty.

I don't understand why people who have no intention of ever buying anything and don't live remotely close to that market think they have to chime in with some I know better than you comment.

Edmunds and kbb aren't the end all say all however for your viewing pleasure.

Edmunds LOCAL market research

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
But I can point that finger at you for talking out of yours. Have you even SEEN my market prices? Either retail OR private? For some examples, I'm LESS than that. AND it's got a warranty.

I don't understand why people who have no intention of ever buying anything and don't live remotely close to that market think they have to chime in with some I know better than you comment.

Edmunds and kbb aren't the end all say all however for your viewing pleasure.

Edmunds LOCAL market research
[/b]
Keep in mind, you posted on here! And your price is high. Not to mention, a shitty attitude towards fellow 6 owners that are trying to help you sell your car. If you don't want to hear it, PAY for an ad and tell your story walking. Good luck!

BTW, AWESOME color. :yesnod:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The attitude is from people think they know what they're talking about (market price) when their flat out wrong and from commenting on something that they're not in the market to buy anyway.

I realize that the price may be high in...say...Boulder Colorado, but this is Chicago. Things are a little higher here. If people took the time to read up on what these are actually selling for...again...in MY market, you'd see why I'm asking what I'm asking. No disrespect to anyone, but come on.

And I AM going to pay for an ad. Since this is an enthusiast site, I thought it would be nice to give you guys first crack at it. But I see that all "enthusiast's" attitudes are the same. We get the same crap in the 7 world. But most of them have an elitist attitude too which is even worse.

And the motor (original) had some "contamination" in the oil which lead to bearing failure. And no, I didn't do them myself.

So before anyone else has a comment on price, please take a look at the ads for CHICAGO and within a 100 mile radius...look at mileage and whether it's an "I" or "S" and THEN come back and make an educated post.

Again...no hatred from me...just common sense.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
The attitude is from people think they know what they're talking about (market price) when their flat out wrong and from commenting on something that they're not in the market to buy anyway.

I realize that the price may be high in...say...Boulder Colorado, but this is Chicago. Things are a little higher here. If people took the time to read up on what these are actually selling for...again...in MY market, you'd see why I'm asking what I'm asking. No disrespect to anyone, but come on.

And I AM going to pay for an ad. Since this is an enthusiast site, I thought it would be nice to give you guys first crack at it. But I see that all "enthusiast's" attitudes are the same. We get the same crap in the 7 world. But most of them have an elitist attitude too which is even worse.

And the motor (original) had some "contamination" in the oil which lead to bearing failure. And no, I didn't do them myself.

So before anyone else has a comment on price, please take a look at the ads for CHICAGO and within a 100 mile radius...look at mileage and whether it's an "I" or "S" and THEN come back and make an educated post.

Again...no hatred from me...just common sense.
[/b]

You act like you are selling a Honda Accord when you are not.....It's a Mazda 6 which it's value cannot really keep. We "enthusiasts" know how much the car should be selling for....You got a bunch of high ass miles on it, and a refurbished engine. Your attitude won't get you a sale on here.

Beautiful Car btw Good luck with your Sale Bump for you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
6 Participants
railgun69
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing