Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to pick up three OEM Michelin tires that I replaced on my M6. Another member has claimed one and another has expressed interest, but I've not heard back from him.

So I have two more and don't really want to hold onto them. I'll take some pics if the board requires it, but I'm hoping that they are claimed and gone before I have a chance to do that.
They had approx 13K miles on them when removed and were in otherwise good shape (other than the one that had an impact bulge on a sidewall and will be destroyed).

Post or PM me if interested.

Cost for regular ground shipping including a few bucks for "handling" is $35. That should cover most of the USA from FL. If you're closer and the cost is less or you want to pick up, I'd be happy to do that. No charge for local pickup.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are the 17" Michelin 215-50R17. Tread depth from just under 5mm to 7mm (seems to average around 3/16" if I'm reading it correctly).
Here are some pics for those that would like. A little dark and not great art, but this is them in the back of my car.

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not exactly sure what the protocol for this situation is: Ericzoom contacted me first and sent a PM, but was not definite that he wanted them; Justins6s seems said he was "next in line" and "sign me up". Whichever of you definitely wants them send me your address and a commitment for either one or two tires at $35 each. I'll confirm the first one and send when payment is received.

I hope that's fair.

Peace & happy holidays,
Trident

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Let me be clear. I've already paid the tire disposal fee when I had these tires replaced. I didn't ask for it back when I picked them up. UPS is not giving me any shipping discounts on shipping two tires. These 13K mile tires still have warranty on them, are in great shape and I'm just asking anyone to pay shipping! I get a total of $3.19 PER TIRE for my time/trouble/gas in moving them around.
I will happily give them to whoever wants them, but please don't try to negotiate me into paying you to take them. :nono:
I thought that I was doing someone a favor. I see people on this board asking a lot of money for sets of these. I priced them at over $200 at the dealer and CostCo when new.
If no one wants them enough to pay $35 each (or pick them up for free in Orlando), I'll return them to the mechanic to be recycled.
No skin off of my back.
This board has been great for me in learning about this car. I think that I've helped one person in getting a good deal with a tire. I'd be happy to help another.

Peace,
Trident

·
Registered
51 Posts
PM sent....Please check your PM!

Let me be clear. I've already paid the tire disposal fee when I had these tires replaced. I didn't ask for it back when I picked them up. UPS is not giving me any shipping discounts on shipping two tires. These 13K mile tires still have warranty on them, are in great shape and I'm just asking anyone to pay shipping! I get a total of $3.19 PER TIRE for my time/trouble/gas in moving them around.
I will happily give them to whoever wants them, but please don't try to negotiate me into paying you to take them. :nono:
I thought that I was doing someone a favor. I see people on this board asking a lot of money for sets of these. I priced them at over $200 at the dealer and CostCo when new.
If no one wants them enough to pay $35 each (or pick them up for free in Orlando), I'll return them to the mechanic to be recycled.
No skin off of my back.
This board has been great for me in learning about this car. I think that I've helped one person in getting a good deal with a tire. I'd be happy to help another.

Peace,
Trident

[/b]

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the replies (and some nice words).
One of the two original people interested has committed to the two remaining tires. I have two others waiting if that falls through.
In order of responses:
1. Justins6s
2. augpro01
3. srender517

I'm going to give Justin6s until Tues night (midnight) to make payment. Then I go to the next name and they'll have 48hrs. I want them out of my car by the end of the week or sooner.

Now, I also have the tire with the bulge on it. If anyone has any use or desire, let me know and I'll do the same deal for that one. I'm guessing it's going back to get recycled, but I figured I'd let someone who may have some connection w/Michelin have it if they want it.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
augpro01- you're up. sending you a PM.
I haven't heard from Justin since this weekend.

·
Registered
2017 MZ6 GT Jet Black Mica
3,575 Posts
If no one takes these, I may be interested as well. Lemme know..

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, I don't know if I'm just a geek for checking on this stuff at least once a day or if everyone else just has more of a life than I do, but I'm kind of surprised... two perfectly good tires and no one wants to make the effort to get them?

I just sent a PM to the last person that had expressed an interest after giving the first person another chance (and I'd still accept a response from him too).
At this point, I'll keep these things until Monday, at which point they go back to get recycled.
I'll take $70 for two tires shipped anywhere in the continental US from the first person that sends money to my PayPal acct with a valid shipping address.
PM me to let me know that you're doing so to make sure that more than one person doesn't do so.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sold.
Tires are on their way.
Thank you to everyone who expressed an interest.
And Happy Holidays to all.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1 - 19 of 19 Posts