Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a bigger cooler before I even knew my car came with a small cooler stock, so I went ahead and installed the bigger cooler and took this one off. I'm looking for $40 shipped. Includes the cooler, mounting bracket and hoses. I have misplaced the hose clamps so you will have to come up with those for the install.

If you don't like my price, or don't trust me cuz I'm new shoot me a PM, we will see what can be worked out.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just to let you know, a B&M cooler (the big one) is only about $50, so you might want to go a little lower...
[/b]
Yes the smaller of the B&M coolers is $50 at Summit racing. Plus ~$10 for shipping and another $5-$10 for the extra line required to install it. But some people like OEM parts, and some dealers will hassle you for doing waranty work on a car with ANY aftermarket parts.

Like the original post says, if you don't like my price make me an offer.

Where did that mount on your car?
[/b]
The cooler mounts to the frame rail behind the front bumper on the drivers side of the car.
It has been a while since I removed it, but IRRC there are three studs in the frame rail that the bracket mounts to. The three studs have a dual use in the wagon to mount the cooler and another component (I forget what else) so any car should have the mounting studs/bolts.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
would a 5dr or sedan even have the ability to bolt this cooler right up? Or would someone need to fab up something to hold it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
would a 5dr or sedan even have the ability to bolt this cooler right up? Or would someone need to fab up something to hold it.
[/b]
It should fit all cars with no modifications. If anyone wants to know for sure pull your fender liner and look for these three studs in the frame rail. (Ignore the filter, and I know you really can't see the third stud, but trust me it is there)

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Ahhhhh, so it bolts up to the side of the tranny. I retract my previous statement

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
6 Participants
smokeU6s
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing