Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have experience with the Frozenboost LAIC products? I am very tempted with the ~$280 kit but I know you always get what you pay for, and $280 is not cheap compared to a blown core and hydrolocked engine. I've searched Google for Frozenboost and fail / failure, etc. and really haven't seen much, so I might just be the guinea pig and try one out. I know their pumps don't look that great so I might go for something else there but otherwise that's pretty cheap for an LAIC core... Any experience / input from you guys would be great!

·
Registered
178 Posts
This isn't exactly what you're looking for, but here's a link to a LAIC kit that's already set up for the MS6.

Turbinetech

It's a fair amount of $$$$ though... Maybe someone else will chime in with their experiences with liquid setups.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yah, thanks, I've seen the TT setup and it looks very nice, but at 1/4 the price I'm intrigued by the FB kit....

·
Registered
178 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yah, liquid is interesting to me because of the lack of boost lag and piping issues. Not to mention the coolness factor :cool:. Still not committed one way or the other yet...

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After some back and forth comparison, I think that the TT LAIC core is a Frozenboost core, either a type 9 or a type 3 (probably the type 9 if it has 2.5" air flanges). They look very similar, and the TT unit even has the side mounting points as the FB unit. Why would you put mounts on a "custom built" unit that you did not use? I think the pump is also the Bosch unit from the FB website. If this is the case I might try the FB core with a side mount like these guys to prevent the heat soak / high BAT issues it sounds like people are having with the TT kit...

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
you can build a LAIC kit for pretty cheap from cxracing. its all about the pump anyway as thats the only mechanical component.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts