Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
Like my other response to your rear bulb question, you can look at ebay or autolumination.com or the like to check out other color bulbs that fit the socket. As for the Silvania bulb you posted, it looks like a white bulb, but I personally do not have experience with it.

Try it! And get back to us with pics! :p

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
dont by silverstars. Autolumination or PIAA 1157 but they are 50 bucks
Thats what i have and they are SUPER NICE! if u have a blue car they look sweet cause it matches the body.

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,540 Posts
dont by silverstars. Autolumination or PIAA 1157 but they are 50 bucks
Thats what i have and they are SUPER NICE! if u have a blue car they look sweet cause it matches the body.
[/b]
That's funny, the Silverstars signal lights are also blue in tint when off, but blink amber when on.

I've had then for close to 2 years now, and they still work as good as the day I bought them.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
=(

The bulbs I listed actually say "amber" on the packaging in the picture... just hard to read...

I'm looking for CLEAR / WHITE front blinkers... I know "some" most states require amber...and ONLY amber front blinkers... but its really hard to get in trouble for it... most cops don't see someone with white blinkers.. and flip a bitch to catch up to them...

Anyway, back to the subject... still looking for quality WHITE front bulbs.. I dn't want neon blue... heh... My civic has clear / white blinkers.. and they were bright... loved them...

the reason amber is require everywhere is because its so visible... white is really hard to make visible enough

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^^^ Yeah those look like what i'm after... Has anyone used them before? I know on my old Civic... I had to go through several batches of blinker bulbs before I found what I was looking fore... SO many people have "off white.. yellowish" or blue... I'm trying to get white =)

On civics... a yellow tint (similar to standard house light bulbs)... means the person just removed the yellow reflector from inside the housing... looks cheap... and blueish tint... looks like a cheap-ripoff as well heh...

But once I found the true WHITE bulbs... it looked so damn good...

I guess this will be trial and error =(

Also... I hate how cheap autolumination and superbrightleds.com look... I could have thrown those websites together in the 6th grade....

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not bad... Are they clear and blink amber? Or clear.. and blink clear / white? I don't want much of a blue tint... and I want no amber at all...

So... yeah.. if those are clear + blink white... please let me know what they are and where to get em!...

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've got some japanese bulbs of ebay, and they are "white" but have a blueish tint. I love the way they look. they look blue but light up white...well a sheriff pulled me over and told me to change them. Luckily I had them in the glovebox, and the officer was really cool about it, and told me to change them when I get home...We sat and argued about it being white or blue, and he told me there was too much of a blue tint to them.... so I ended up chaging them to the amber ones...:tear: (the law in CA states they may be clear or amber only)

On a side note, I didnt lock the passenger bulb into the holder correctly, and it fell into the housing!! 6 hrs and a roll of 3M double sided sticky tape later... the bulb was fished out without any damage to the bulb or the housing!!!

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I posted a reply on another thread about someone tellin a "noob" that white wasn't legal and/or he'd get in huge trouble... Amber is legal always... everywhere...

However white is just fine for most thing on the front as well... "blue" is for police use only... and a lot of the cheaper bulbs have a blue coating on them... and look blue when lit up... so... its a hard battle...

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
this guy drives a tibby around my town and he has hyper white on his car for the 1157 (idk if they are the same size though im guessing so) but they look great. If you can find some that would be cool. Ill ask him though if i see him on the road what 1157's hes using.

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
Not bad... Are they clear and blink amber? Or clear.. and blink clear / white? I don't want much of a blue tint... and I want no amber at all...

So... yeah.. if those are clear + blink white... please let me know what they are and where to get em!...
[/b]
I have the silverstar 1157 bulbs.Where are you located?The reason i ask is in Kansas,the police are very strict about not having yellow turn signals.It's a $100 ticket around here.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cali... and i'm sure some officers around her are as well... For example... I get pulled over inside the main city for not having a front plate... but way out here where I live... the cops don't care...

Same goes for where I grew up in oregon... The cops were after illegal hunting... mushroom pickers... and speeders... they never stopped anyone for "lighting" unless they had no headlights at all or something....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts