Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into putting my stock springs back on my car. I have noticed off of the web site www.jimclickmazdaparts.com that the front springs are sold as Left and Right. The front springs also have different markings on them, one has a red mark and the other a green mark. Front Springs L/R Does it matter which spring goes on the left and which one goes on the right? If so how would I tell which spring goes on the left and which one goes on the right?

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Everytime I've put aftermarket springs on someones 6 there has never been a left and right variation, only front and rear. That's not to say that the stock ones are slightly different in spring rate, since both springs will fit either side.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I do know that some springs specify that specifically for weight distribution being the drivers side would be the stronger spring....why go back to stock? trying to sell??

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do know that some springs specify that specifically for weight distribution being the drivers side would be the stronger spring....why go back to stock? trying to sell??
[/b]
If I can not find out what side the springs go on will it make that big of a difference? I want to go back to stock because my car is too low for me.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I went to that web page and change from 2.3 liter to 3.0 liter. In the 3.0 liter both, front and rear, the same. You have to verify that.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
for 4 cyl fronts, site shows left for mtx same price as right for heavier auto. This implies left fr i-springs are either stiffer or longer. look for left being slightly taller, or using slightly larger "wire" dia, or having slightly fewer coil wraps.

dealer parts guy/gal may have color code info.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
for 4 cyl fronts, site shows left for mtx same price as right for heavier auto. This implies left fr i-springs are either stiffer or longer. look for left being slightly taller, or using slightly larger "wire" dia, or having slightly fewer coil wraps.

dealer parts guy/gal may have color code info.
[/b]
The red marked spring has about 1/4 more of a coil at the bottom of the spring than the green marked spring. So the red would go on the drivers side?

Edit: Went to a new car lot and looked at the springs on the 6i auto and Red goes on Drivers side and Green goes on Passenger side. Don't know why I did not think to do that earlier.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts